can someone help with county pool rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone help with county pool rules

I have a tournament at the weekend with county rules but I'm not sure of a few rules fully ie if a ball is frozen and if a snooker is a total snooker as I've been told you don't need to hit cushions etc

Depends what rule set you play. I know that under World Rules that if you're in a total snooker you just have to hit one of your own balls and not worry about touching a cushion. Therefore if your ball is frozen then it is irrelevant.

Comment

okay thanks a lot mate

Comment

Originally Posted by lukeeyw View Post
        I have a tournament at the weekend with county rules but I'm not sure of a few rules fully ie if a ball is frozen and if a snooker is a total snooker as I've been told you don't need to hit cushions etc
        you ought to check what rules will be used but I'd think it will most likely be World Rules (as Souwester said) ... if so, here's a link to the rules ... happy reading, they are complicated !!!

http://www.epa.org.uk/wrules.php

good luck in the tournament - let us know how you get on
        Last edited by DandyA; 17 July 2012, 12:52 AM.

Comment

The Guidance to Referees (on World Rules) is quite helpful in understanding what the rules mean:

http://www.wepf.org/playrules.php?option=2

Comment

thanks, I've been given a sheet and I think it's slightly different to world rules but all of the rules are on the sheet, I'll let you know mate!

Comment

There is an abridged version of the World Rules which is on just one sheet, so that it can be displayed easily on noticeboards etc. Are the section headings the same?

Comment

yeah it's one sheet labelled blackball bupa, a few of the rules I know as being world rules but I'm unsure of others

Comment

Blackball rules are different to world rules
                  The total snooker rules much the same
                  Make sure you tell the ref or your opponent if a balls not frozen if you plan to play it( they can call a foul if you double kiss it)
                  One free shot and one visit following foul
                  Skill shot allowed
                  You can play from where the ball finishes or from behind the line following the foul ( ask for the ball to be moved)
                  Don't catch the cueball if it's going in the pocket
                  ( loss of frame)
                  Skillshot allowed on the black
                  And happy birthday

Comment

thanks a lot mick, yes they're the rules on the sheet, if a balls frozen can I not double kiss it?

Comment

No if it's frozen another ball has to hit a cushion

Comment

is that only if you pot it? so can I play the frozen ball off the cushion? sorry it's just confusing as I
                        used to our league rules

Comment

No a ball doesn't have to hit a Cush if you pot
                          If the balls frozen on a Cush and you play directly on to it, the cueball then double kisses and rebounds back in the middle of the table
                          That would be a foul
                          If you come off the edge of a frozen ball and the White hits the Cush then it's not a foul as a ball has hit a cushion after contact with the on ball
                          Any ball can hit the cushion after contact not just the cueball

Comment

ah I get you so as long as the cue ball hits the cush after contact it's not a foul?

Comment

Working...
                            X