No announcement yet.

tip size for pool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you went to a pool hall in the states, most of the house cues would be 9 to 10mm
    Last edited by SmokyOwl; 5 August 2012, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Very much each to their own, but I always find that you can be a tad more delicate with a smaller tip, which can be necessary in WR for playing cute shots behind a ball whilst ensuring that a cushion's hit. For general potting I don't find that it makes a massive amount of difference, although perhaps a tad easier psychologically when playing a cue ball against a cushion.

It's what you're used to at the end of the day, I don't think the advantages either way are that major that you should consider buying a new cue or adjusting an old one.

Comment

I use an 8mm tip for english pool, but I use a breaking cue to break as the power you hit the ball with on such little surface area could do serious damage to the cue. Like I said, playing cue is 8mm and breaking cue is 11mm which is great for giving the balls an awesome spread off the break. I play pool for Wales so have seen a lot of good cues, but i would say the most common to play with is a 9mm

Comment

Pool & snooker cues are the same its down to you no cue will make a poor player good but can make a good player better

Comment

8mm, got a firend that uses a 5mm tho lol crazy

Comment

8-9.5mm i use a 8.5mm

Comment

hi when i was 'younger' i always used an 8mm tip , these days i'm settled on an 8.5mm tip and still get the white to fizz lol

Comment

I have been using pool cue 9mm for a long time. I believe that pool cue tip size does not affect your game. Things that matters most is your technique and how comfortable you are with your pool cue while hitting the cue ball.
                  Pool Cue Cases

Comment

I use a 8.3mm for both pool and snooker.
                    Justin - The Cue Store - Handmade and Bespoke Cues, Bespoke Fibreglass Cue Cases, Accessories.
                    Website - The Cue Store - E-mail - sales@thecuestore.co.uk - Tel - 01892 882787
                    Skype - thecuestore1 - Whatsapp - 07810 635004
                    Facebook - Like The Cue Store - Twitter - Follow The Cue Store

Comment

Around the 9mm i would say, Theres a guy who plays on my county team with a 7mm tip, how he manages to strike the ball correctly ill never know! Granted a small tip can be a bit better for when your hampered. My tip is 9.25 and i use that for both pool and snooker and works well

Comment

Working...
                      X