Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tricky scenario -- do I win or do I lose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricky scenario -- do I win or do I lose?

hi all,

Suppose I'm playing 8 ball pool, and I'm down to my last ball. If I pocket the last ball, but the cue ball also bounces off and hits the 8 (black) ball which also goes into a pocket, do I win the game or do I lose? Here is the sequence of events:

(1) the last of my ball (say the No.2 solid ball) goes into the pocket.
    (2) the cue ball bounces onto the black ball.
    (3) the black ball goes into another pockets.

Thanks a lot.

-D

you've lost. its exactly the same as potting the black at the same time as another ball at any point during the game.

Comment

Agreed. The black ball is not 'on' when you pot your 2 ball and therefore potting the black ball is a foul on the black ball which means you lose.
      "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

In the scenario described you have lost the frame, but.........

If your opponent had fouled and given you two shots, you can pot your ball and the black on your FIRST visit and you would WIN the frame.
        "And slowly and surely they drew their plans against us"

Comment

thanks y'all! this is rather unfortunate ... i thought that would be a good shot. it's a good thing it doesn't happen to me very often.

Comment

It's a pity you weren't playing in Scotland because under the new 'blackball' rules here devised by the SPA and probably Ross McInnes whose intention is to make the 8 ball game more exciting

(b) A combination shot can include your last object ball(s) and the blackball to win the frame as long as you play your last object ball(s) first and pot both balls.

So if you hit your last ball first, pot it and the black in a combinaton shot then you win.

Comment

^^ I will keep that in mind when I visit Scotland.

Comment

County rules deem this as a legal pot - you would have won the game.

However trying to tell that to someone in a pub game would prob cause a riot !!!
                It's not what you pot...it's what you leave.

Leamington & District Billiards & Snooker Association

Comment

Working...
                X