Favourite Version of Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Version of Pool

as a out and out potter i love killer such a fun game whats everyone elses (only issue is it benefits bad positional shots)
    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Killer is great, money in the pot from each player at start -winner takes all, only one life, and anyone that pockets or pots the black at any time pays out of their pocket into the pot for the rerack.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Killer is great, money in the pot from each player at start -winner takes all, only one life, and anyone that pockets or pots the black at any time pays out of their pocket into the pot for the rerack.
      Now, in our local version, potting the black gives you an entra life!

Comment

We play black is extra life also,

We also play with cards!

Comment

Three lives
          Foul and out
          No extra lives
          Sometimes put an ashtray in the middle of the table, if any ball hits it that player puts another 20p in it winner takes all pot and ashtray

Comment

Love playing the occasional game of 9ball. So quick and easy to play.

Comment

15-1 for a bit of potting practice. The best game ever has to be golf on a pool table, had a few really good hours playing this and it improves your angles and shot selection.

Comment

Originally Posted by Chappers View Post
                15-1 for a bit of potting practice. The best game ever has to be golf on a pool table, had a few really good hours playing this and it improves your angles and shot selection.
                What is 15-1 mate ?

Comment

Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
                  What is 15-1 mate ?
                  Not sure about 15-1, but here's the Nugget having a crack at 14.1 back @ 1987..

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
                    as a out and out potter i love killer such a fun game whats everyone elses (only issue is it benefits bad positional shots)
                    not necessarily ... if the player playing after you is most likely to win, you need to play good position to make their life a misery ... otherwise, you need to either setup the next player on a ball you want potted or cannon balls safe or both ...

and you can take this further ... not just the player after you but the next and the next and so-one ... say I'm player (a) and there's also (b) (c) (d) and (e) playing ... and say (d) is the big threat ... I ideally want (b) and (c) out of the game so I can control (d) but one of those two out will help me ... (d) wants (e) out of the game so he can control me ...

killer, if played seriously, really is chess with balls ...

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                      not necessarily ... if the player playing after you is most likely to win, you need to play good position to make their life a misery ... otherwise, you need to either setup the next player on a ball you want potted or cannon balls safe or both ...

and you can take this further ... not just the player after you but the next and the next and so-one ... say I'm player (a) and there's also (b) (c) (d) and (e) playing ... and say (d) is the big threat ... I ideally want (b) and (c) out of the game so I can control (d) but one of those two out will help me ... (d) wants (e) out of the game so he can control me ...

killer, if played seriously, really is chess with balls ...
                      Just play with cards as it makes the game more interesting and you dont know when you go will be.

Comment

Blackball or World Rules. Basically any rules on an English table where you can't tap up.

Comment

the best trick in killer is u have two lives ur opponent has one

i think i had that one last ball on table i deliberately left a touching ball one life dies before two do
                          Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

blackball for me, and I reckon 15-1 is break off and pot all the balls in any order without missing

Comment

worse version is bank for me i kinda prefer straight pool out of the mainstream ones

Comment

Working...
                              X