No announcement yet.

Billiard/Pool supplier horror stories.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billiard/Pool supplier horror stories.

Went to the store on Tuesday to get a new hard Kamui tip put on my cue. They said their technicians were out on the road doing installs (of pool table cloth I assumed) and it'd probably be ready on Wednesday.

I show up Wednesday, the job's still not done, but got a call a couple hours later saying it was done. I was at work at the time of the call and had to come in on Thursday.

So I show up Thursday, and it's glued on, but the tip is not the same diameter as the shaft, and had to still be turned on a lathe. They apologized, and told me to come back on Friday.

So I come back Friday, cue looks good, and I come home to shape it myself with no issues.

So the following Wednesday I start playing with a friend, and after FIVE games the tip....falls off....and finds it's way into a pocket of a bar room table. I left my phone number with the bar owner so they could contact me when their felt was being replaced and they could take apart the table to find my tip.

So I'm going back to the store tomorrow, well it's 2 am now so I guess today, to talk to the owner of the store and the person responsible for putting the tip on. If you don't hear from me in 48 hours it means I'm in jail.

Sorry to hear of yor woes.

Just reinforces the old adage : If you want a job doing well, do it yourself.

Have a look at ADR's &/or Mike - W tip fitting guide, and give it a go.

Just don't tell anyone you can do this though, or everone will want you to fit

their tips for them . . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Not in jail, thankfully. The store owner apoligized like crazy and said a new guy glued the tip on. So that's just poor training. He said they have a guy that has been doing repair work for 15 years working for them that would do the tip properly. I told him it was kinda his last chance to show me they could do something right, and I mentioned to him what happened a year ago when I asked for a replacement rubber butt that fell off my cue. Apparently they had "difficulty" installing the rubber butt, and they had mutilated the rubber so much that the butt wouldn't stay in for a game or two, and I eventually lost it. So with that the owner said they'd replace the butt again as well for no charge. I got the cue back this morning and they even gave me a the full $10 and change refund I paid them to install the tip the first time. They told me to wait a day before using the cue, to make sure the glue set and all.

They are a remarkablly courteous and happy group of people that work there, it was hard to be angry with them. They really do appreciate their customers I guess. I just hope the new guy got yelled at for his mistake and learned from it.

So I suppose I'll have to bookmark this post if the tip falls off again. I am really hoping that doesn't happen.
      Last edited by SmokyOwl; 8 September 2012, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X