X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairly New to Pool - Cue Advice Wanted

Hi All,

New member here

Sorry to ask what is probably the most irritating question, but I would greatly appreciate some help!

I am looking to get a fairly decent pool cue, as I am playing with a fairly cheap £20 one I think.

I am looking at spending £100 Max I am afraid, I can't go anymore. I have done as much research as possible, and I have come up with a couple of cues which may be ideal, but I was wondering if any of you had any other suggestions?

Here is my shortlist :

Peradon Python ~ £90
    Peradon Pulsar ~ £90
    Blue Moon CO5 ~ £60
    Blue Moon Blade/Hammer ~ £100

Is there any others I should consider, or can anyone of you recommend any of the above?

Thanks and ATB

James

Fairly New to Pool - Cue Advice Wanted

try craftsman website or ask adr147 on here mate think on craftsman website u can get a master cue for around a 100

Comment

Originally Posted by shanerayner28 View Post
      try craftsman website or ask adr147 on here mate think on craftsman website u can get a master cue for around a 100
      Thanks

I have looked on the Craftsman website, and I have found a couple of suitable cues :

Barracuda Blue Pool Cue ~ £60

This cue looks ideal, but it only comes in fairly light weights - 15.5, 16.5 + 17.25oz. Would this be ideal for a pool cue?

There is also this cue :

Buffalo 2pc British Pool Cue ~ £45

Thanks and ATB

James

Comment

Fairly New to Pool - Cue Advice Wanted

Spend a lil extra (130-150) and you'll get a mastercue top draw cues!

Comment

contact adr147 he's usually got pool spec cues in your price range. all the cues you've mentioned are laquer or varnish finished so will get sticky fast. weight is preferance lots of pool players use light cues but I know some great players using cues around 20oz so it really depends on your preferance what weight you choose. I personally use 17.5oz for pool

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
            contact adr147 he's usually got pool spec cues in your price range. all the cues you've mentioned are laquer or varnish finished so will get sticky fast. weight is preferance lots of pool players use light cues but I know some great players using cues around 20oz so it really depends on your preferance what weight you choose. I personally use 17.5oz for pool
            Thanks for the reply!

I will contact adr147 tonigh and see what he says.

Do you think tha an oil finish is a major benefit? Also, do know of any oil finish pool cues within my price range?

17.5-18oz seems an idea average weight, so I think I will go for one within that weight.

Thanks and ATB

James

Comment

[QUOTE=aucott80;669769]Spend a lil extra (130-150) and you'll get a mastercue top draw cues![/QUOTE
              Thanks! Unfortunately that is too expensive, as I am already stretching it at £100.

Thanks and ATB

James

Comment

i expect i will have something - even if not i can order the peradon cues and save you a bit over the prices you have - more like £70-75 for the python i think.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  i expect i will have something - even if not i can order the peradon cues and save you a bit over the prices you have - more like £70-75 for the python i think.
                  Let me know if you have something please!

Thanks and ATB

James

Comment

2 secs - have something that might interest you.

Comment

I have this cue - last one from a batch I had cue craft make up for me for the league pool players - used this one a couple of times myself and kept for emergencies. this cue is hand made in the UK made as a one piece and split and finished in an oil finish. 57" ish 18oz 8mm tip. £50 delivered in the uk - I promise you will not get a better value for money cue anywhere.

Comment

Thanks a lot for getting back in touch.

I am a little confused - Is it a 2 piece cue, which is fitted together by pushing it together? If it is, does it just rely on friction to stay connected?

Thanks and ATB

James

Comment

it needs a little twist, there is a thread you can't see, it's called an airlock joint - cues that shorten are often required in the pool league!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            it needs a little twist, there is a thread you can't see, it's called an airlock joint - cues that shorten are often required in the pool league!
                            Ok, Thanks for clearing that up.

So is it basically a 2pc cue?

Sorry I have a couple of other questions :

Do you have a cue tip you could fit to it for me?

Also, do you have any others? (Sorry not meaning to sound rude, just wondering as I am not that keen on the colour scheme )

Thanks and ATB

James

Comment

Originally Posted by Jimbob 2705 View Post
                              Ok, Thanks for clearing that up.

So is it basically a 2pc cue?

Sorry I have a couple of other questions :

Do you have a cue tip you could fit to it for me?

Also, do you have any others? (Sorry not meaning to sound rude, just wondering as I am not that keen on the colour scheme )

Thanks and ATB

James
                              yes any tip you like. yes it's a 3/4 split cue, only one of these but plenty of other cues around 200 or so. - oh dear colour scheme...... i am more of a best tool for the job kind of person!

Comment

Working...
                              X