No announcement yet.

Pool Politics in England.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally think it's down to the EPA where the problem lies. HOWEVER people do know what the rules are when they sign up for the card. I moved over from EPA to Blackball this season, loved every minute. Which I think will be the general outcome eventually.

Comment

Originally Posted by DEANO40 View Post
      The IPA tour is playing blackball rules next year
      This in itself tells you where the game is going!

Comment

You're telling me that if you play in one organisation you aren't allowed to play in the other in England? Surely they can see that this would automatically limit their membership base, and just doesn't make sense at all. I would think the threat of legal action for discrimination would make them think about their stupidity.

In my home town in Australia we have both World and Blackball rules and you can play in whatever you wan't. As grimreaper said, in Australia we have not only English rules/tables but also American rules/tables. I think that although you are allowed to play either one any time, having both is detrimental to the game in Australia and politics here is dividing the game, but we're not saying you can't play in one if you play in the other.

Comment

Anybody around the gatwick area next friday ,saturday,sunday final IPA tour event at the hilton hotel ,come along and have a look, see the top 8ball players in action.Last wr event before next seasons blackball rule change.

Comment

Originally Posted by TheRowdyOne View Post
            You're telling me that if you play in one organisation you aren't allowed to play in the other in England? Surely they can see that this would automatically limit their membership base, and just doesn't make sense at all. I would think the threat of legal action for discrimination would make them think about their stupidity.

In my home town in Australia we have both World and Blackball rules and you can play in whatever you wan't. As grimreaper said, in Australia we have not only English rules/tables but also American rules/tables. I think that although you are allowed to play either one any time, having both is detrimental to the game in Australia and politics here is dividing the game, but we're not saying you can't play in one if you play in the other.
            We have very strong WEPF (world rules) affiliates, and WPA 8ball, 9ball and 10 ball are played to a lesser extent, but this is the first I've heard of WPA black ball being played by any associations in Australia. It's basically the WPA version of 2 shot on UK tables, but they've got different rules that don't allow deliberate fouls Are you sure this is being played in your home town?
            Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by TheRowdyOne View Post
              You have to sign a membership which states what the rules are, once you sign it you agree it obviously.

Comment

Working...
              X