• world rules questions

Opponent break and nothing down.
    Open table.
    My shot.
    I pot both Yellow and red in same shot.
    Do I now need to nominate?
    I think yes is the answer.
    If I forget to nominate at that stage and opponent has 2 visits
    does opponent need to nominate now or is it open table without nominate?
    Last edited by Grifter; 7 November 2012, 04:04 AM.

world rules questions

Potting both yellow and red in the same shot is a foul stroke. Your opponent has the option of playing the next shot himself or making you play from where the balls stand.....
    You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

world rules questions

Oops. Didn't read the thread name. Ignore my last post as this is obviously a pool question!!!!! Sorry.
      You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

No foul and nomination required. In this scenario of no nomination it is a foul, 2 visits to the opponent who has an open table and will be required to nominate on the strike immediately after they have potted at least one colour.
        For example their first shot nothing is potted, second visit, then they pot a colour, nomination required before their third strike.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

world rules questions

Sorry may have misunderstood the above but I thought yes if you pot yellow and red you need to nominate.
          If you don't opponent has two shots and free table with first legal ball potted...in world rules anyway...,

Comment

world rules....
            he broke nothing down.
            you pot one of each in the same shot - fine
            you then need to nominate, which you didnt - foul
            he then comes to the table with 2 shots and an open table - no need to nominate after any this as he will be "on" which ever colour he pots 1st, unless of course he pots 1 of each as you did above.
            http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              No foul and nomination required. In this scenario of no nomination it is a foul, 2 visits to the opponent who has an open table and will be required to nominate on the strike immediately after they have potted at least one colour.
              For example their first shot nothing is potted, second visit, then they pot a ball of each colour, nomination required before their third strike.
              Slight edit above, apologies.
              If only one or more balls of one colour group potted, then, as mentioned, no moniation required as the player is automatically "on" that group.
              Rule 3 applies
              3. After the Break:
              a. If a player pots one or more balls of the same Colour, the player is then "On" that Colour.
              b. If a player pots one or more balls of different Colours, the player then has a right and obligation to verbally advise the referee of a choice of Colour before proceeding. Once a colour is nominated in these circumstances, the player is on that colour no matter what happens next. Failure to nominate is a Standard Foul. If a player is fouled under this rule, the opponent faces an "Open" table.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

A slightly different question regarding world rules...

Will the become a thing of the past, now the IPA tour have switched to Blackball rules ?

Comment

Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
                  A slightly different question regarding world rules...

Will the become a thing of the past, now the IPA tour have switched to Blackball rules ?
                  interesting thought...... i have had the same thought myself. I know a lot of people are switching to BB rules, but i think that is due to the competitions available.

I run a small town league with 3 divisions of 11 teams in each, we play world rules at the moment and have done for many years, however i have wondered if a change to BB rules will help or hinder us?

WR are handy as that is what rules interleague is/was - but saying that our interleague team folded :-(
                  http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
                    interesting thought...... i have had the same thought myself. I know a lot of people are switching to BB rules, but i think that is due to the competitions available.

I run a small town league with 3 divisions of 11 teams in each, we play world rules at the moment and have done for many years, however i have wondered if a change to BB rules will help or hinder us?

WR are handy as that is what rules interleague is/was - but saying that our interleague team folded :-(
                    Well I'm based in Wales and most if not all the leagues play BB rules. Watching WR at IPA level, of course they look very attacking, but I imagine that is not the case lower down the food chain ? I suppose the same could be said for BB rules, but the combination shot rule is very attacking.

Comment

world rules questions

World rules are more attacking in general
                      But on the flip side tactical games can get a bit bogged down when you get balls covering bags, with no free shot to be able to clear them

Comment

Originally Posted by Mick Dundee View Post
                        World rules are more attacking in general
                        But on the flip side tactical games can get a bit bogged down when you get balls covering bags, with no free shot to be able to clear them
                        That is what I was referring to, at least with BB rules you have the combination shot to clear things out.

Comment

Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
                          That is what I was referring to, at least with BB rules you have the combination shot to clear things out.
                          There is also the skill shot that can be played. For those who don't know it's when you pot your opponents ball thats blocking the pocket with your object ball and following in as a result potting both balls which is not deemed a foul.

I play BB rules on Tuesday nights and there has been a lot of controversy in local leagues when a player plays his object ball onto opponents object ball covering a pocket (especially when on black) and potting the opponents object ball and clearing the pocket which some say is unsporting or a deliberate foul.

The league asked some professional referees for clarification and as long as you play your object ball first it can not be deemed as a deliberate foul (and loss of frame) even though the intention is similar to a deliberate foul in WR.

I must admit I used to enjoy BB rules more than WR but the more I play WR the more I enjoy the tactics involved with Deliberate Fouls.

Comment

Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
                            There is also the skill shot that can be played. For those who don't know it's when you pot your opponents ball thats blocking the pocket with your object ball and following in as a result potting both balls which is not deemed a foul.

I play BB rules on Tuesday nights and there has been a lot of controversy in local leagues when a player plays his object ball onto opponents object ball covering a pocket (especially when on black) and potting the opponents object ball and clearing the pocket which some say is unsporting or a deliberate foul.

The league asked some professional referees for clarification and as long as you play your object ball first it can not be deemed as a deliberate foul (and loss of frame) even though the intention is similar to a deliberate foul in WR.

I must admit I used to enjoy BB rules more than WR but the more I play WR the more I enjoy the tactics involved with Deliberate Fouls.
                            That is what I'm, talking about. We call it the combination shot, others the skill shot - same thing.

The deliberate foul in BB is a difficult one to call in the instance you outline. It is the last resort though, as with the ball from the d, free table etc. you would expect your opponent to clear.
                            Last edited by mrbluejay; 8 November 2012, 05:15 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

world rules questions

I'm a world rules player and I think bb are far more aggressive rules

Comment

Working...
                              X