Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Ryanharper View Post
    I'm a world rules player and I think bb are far more aggressive rules
    I agree. It would be nice for there to be a uniform set of rules, wouldn't it. Perhaps the sport would really flourish then. If you think about how TV sport has changed over the last few years i.e. 20-20 Cricket, Prizefighter boxing and dare I say the Snooker shoot out, I think Pool could really take off, if it was Hearnified !

Comment

Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
      I agree. It would be nice for there to be a uniform set of rules, wouldn't it. Perhaps the sport would really flourish then. If you think about how TV sport has changed over the last few years i.e. 20-20 Cricket, Prizefighter boxing and dare I say the Snooker shoot out, I think Pool could really take off, if it was Hearnified !
      that's a very good point mrbluejay ... I always look forward to the Mosconi Cup every year which, for those that don't know, is a Hearn production, Europe vs USA playing American 9ball pool - it's always a really good match to watch ...

so it'd be great to see what he could do with UK 8ball ...

Comment

Thanks for clarification on the original query.
        I like world rules but they are so vast and not to know them completely inside out can cost dearly, im finding

Comment

Originally Posted by Grifter View Post
          Thanks for clarification on the original query.
          I like world rules but they are so vast and not to know them completely inside out can cost dearly, im finding
          I've seen players arguing for ages whether it's a foul snooker or not under World Rules ... can the player on strike see or not see a thin sliver of one of his/her balls ... good fun for those watching unless it develops into handbags at dawn but hardly a rule set for gentlemen or women ...

Bring back the old EPA rules! There's nothing wrong with them except possibly if you pot a single colour off the break, you are stuck with that colour whether you like it or not ...

Comment

I get annoyed having to nominate and being penalised if you don't when its obvious what you were going for.
            Ok, if its not the ball you hit first that goes down and you havent nominated then fair enough.
            Its just annoying to me that you can give away 2 shots because of something that you didnt say when its obvious what you intended.
            It happened me when i was on for a simple run out recently and it nearly made me sick.

Comment

You need to really know the rules inside out it would be so easy to make a few changes to WR to make it more attacking i am a firm believer the best potter should win not the best tactical player.

Comment

Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
                You need to really know the rules inside out it would be so easy to make a few changes to WR to make it more attacking i am a firm believer the best potter should win not the best tactical player.
                For me, that's why BB rules are the best.

Comment

Working...
                X