Advice on 3 piece 8 ball que please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on 3 piece 8 ball que please

Hi, after a long time away from the game I've just started to get back into it and am looking for a new Cue. I've always played with snooker que's but often found them to be at little bit too long in some of the locations. As a result I'm looking for a 55" 3 piece cue of about 17.5oz.

I've not managed to look at any cue’s physically yet but have looked online to narrow down the selection and lave pretty much got it down to Cue Craft PC3 and the Peradon Typhoon. I know the Typhoon is machines spliced vs the Cue Craft and the Cue Craft has a range of weight specs, so any advice at all would be much welcome and greatly received, if you feel there is a better choice out there please do speak up.

What budget are you looking at muck , try mastercraft , mastercue , craftsman , gbl , phoenix , and theres a few on here that will have or make you a cue to your specs at a reasonable cost .

Comment

I have a beautiful hand spliced Woods cue which has a three star quality ash shaft. you can see it at www.andrewgibbscues.co.uk sure I can find a small extension to go with with it at no extra charge.

Comment

thanks you for your advice gent, it's much appreciated.

I didn't want to spend a great deal on a cue I was only going to use to play in the local pub league, but now after looking into it and playing a few games which I really enjoyed I find myself looking at full custom made cues. A Wooldridge is taking my fancy with the Blackspin so think I'll drop Mike a mail and see what he can offer in a nice simple 54-55" nothing fancy 2 piece (with the last 7-8" removable), if I'm going to pay for a custom I may as well get just what I want.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
          I have a beautiful hand spliced Woods cue which has a three star quality ash shaft. you can see it at www.andrewgibbscues.co.uk sure I can find a small extension to go with with it at no extra charge.
          Hi Still Got This? Please Could You Take a Couple More Pictures To See It More Fully? And More Spec' On It - rabpc@talktalk.net Thanks Richard

Comment

No problem but it will be later tomorrow before I can manage.

Comment

I can confirm that the cue Andy has for sale is a cracker ! i seen it in the flesh 2 weeks ago and was blown away with the ash shaft...chevrons were spot on..if i was on the lookout for another new cue then i would have snapped this up ! good luck.
              Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Hi mate i bought a peradon galaxy 3piece cue and ive had my best season yet its a 55'' 8.5mil tip really nice cue

Comment

I have a Starkey cue which I bought online from Qstix. I have been using this for last one year and it is quite good. It gives perfect control over shots and hits the cue ball with great perfection.
                  Pool Cue Cases

Comment

Have a Peradon storm here. Wasnt sure if i was good enough for an 8 mm tip when i first started back but now that im playing well again and still using the 8mil im happy out. I find i can get more spin with a lot less power/effort with the 8mm. As far as i know most of the peradon uk pool spec cues are 8mm.

Comment

Hi mate I use the peradon galaxy it's 55' with a 8.5 mm tip it's 3 piece really quality cue it's machine spliced but the quality of the cue is good ,Ive had it 4 years now and the joints are perfect I'd recommend it handy for when ur playing in tight spaces

Comment

If you were looking for a " starter " cue , then Craftsman at Kippax have Barracuda Blue cues in ( not pretty , but functional ) stock.They are all 55" , 8.2- 8.4mm , 15.5- 17.75 oz. They retail about £60 + post , this is a cheap option to see if the 1/2 & 4/5 option cue is suited to your game.You can carry it in a 2 piece centre joint case , easy to transport and reduce the cue for tight tables by removing the short butt.Hope this helps.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oweg4OQs0AQ

Comment

Working...
                          X