World Rules - Foul Snooker Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Rules - Foul Snooker Question.

Hi guys. As per the title I have a question for you UK 8ball players. Our league has had to issue an extra clarification on this due to in match fighting and confusion lol, but I can't believe it's right, as I have read the rules a fair few times and I still feel it's ambiguous. So, the question......
    Let's say player A is yellows. He pots a few and runs out of position on his last yellow. He then rolls up to a red ball. It's not touching, but very close. Is player B foul snookered? I will await responses before stating my opinion. Lol.
    Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

hi
    Player B is not foul snookered as long as he can make the finest cut possible on both sides of one of his balls.
    So I think the answer is No!
    I play county and am pretty sure that's correct!

Comment

Originally Posted by james250t View Post
      hi
      Player B is not foul snookered as long as he can make the finest cut possible on both sides of one of his balls.
      So I think the answer is No!
      I play county and am pretty sure that's correct!
      No, he is not foul snookered. He would only be foul snookered if he could not play to the left and to the right to just skim the finest edges. When the balls are very close together, the finest edges will be VERY close to the centre of the object ball, whereas if they are the length of the table apart, the finest edges will be much closer to the far left and right edges.

Comment

Cheers guys. Looks like my league is right in its ruling. Interesting.
        Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

a) if player a is yellows why is he trying to snooker his opponent behind a red?
          Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
            a) if player a is yellows why is he trying to snooker his opponent behind a red?
            Tactical foul ?

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
              Tactical foul ?
              Exactly! Yellow player will be thinking that the red player will have to waste one of his visits to be able to get on a red in a way to be able to play a better shot with his second visit. In a way the red player is only getting one proper visit.
              Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
                Exactly! Yellow player will be thinking that the red player will have to waste one of his visits to be able to get on a red in a way to be able to play a better shot with his second visit. In a way the red player is only getting one proper visit.
                LOL not bad guess, considering I'm a BB player.

I must be watching too much WR games.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

This is why i think it sucks tbh, but it looks like that's the rules, so i know what to play next time......

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
                    This is why i think it sucks tbh, but it looks like that's the rules, so i know what to play next time......
                    I actually prefer world rues because it can be a more tactical game (a bit like chess!). Each to there own though I suppose
                    Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                      LOL not bad guess, considering I'm a BB player.

I must be watching too much WR games.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Haha, you will have to change games!!
                      Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Haha, you will have to change games!!
                        LOL, a few younger guys did change just to play in the worlds ( meant a ban from BB, but they were determined ).

Young Ryan won the u23 title, so he liked it

This year however he might be on the IPA tour, so back to black , as they say.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I actually prefer world rues because it can be a more tactical game (a bit like chess!). Each to there own though I suppose
                          Oh, don't get me wrong, I prefer world rules to old pub rules(never played bb), it's just this one particular rule seems glitched.

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
                            I think it's quite a fair shot to play really, and is most often used in response to being snookered. It's used a lot in snooker as well but isn't a foul.
                            Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                              I think it's quite a fair shot to play really, and is most often used in response to being snookered. It's used a lot in snooker as well but isn't a foul.
                              I'm not so sure, you're giving away 2 shots, and basically garaunteeing that the first shot of those 2 is useless. Like I say though, I will use it as necessaryin a match though.

Comment

Working...
                              X