World Rules - Foul Snooker Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
    In a word, yes! If you nominate the red you could plant on to the black and pot both balls in any order in the one shot.
    If you pick up the white and play from baulk you cannot the nominate the red unless you are still snookered by an object ball or the jaws of the pocket.
    Ok, that's what I thought. What about planting the black in and not the nominated red?!
    Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Just remember that the ball nominated as a free ball MUST be the ball you hit first with the cue ball.
      In this case that wouldn't be a problem as the red was a full ball snooker on the black.
      Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Just checked the rules and it's ok danam, I found the sentance I was looking for.

a.If a player is "On" the Eight Ball and Foul Snookered: - The player may play a nominated ball or the Eight Ball and pot either or both of these balls, directly or indirectly, in any pocket or pockets. Assuming the player does not commit a foul:-
        i.If neither the Eight Ball nor the nominated ball is potted, the player's first visit is complete.
        ii.If the nominated ball is potted and the Eight Ball is not, the player continues with the first visit.
        iii.If the nominated ball and the Eight Ball are potted, the player wins the frame.
        iv.If the Eight Ball is potted and the nominated ball is not, the player wins the frame.

Comment

Just remember that the ball nominated as a free ball MUST be the ball you hit first with the cue ball.
          Dean, we're talking about World Rules pool here, not snooker! The rules are different in pool! Nominating a free ball, just means it becomes one of yours for that stroke... it doesn't have to be hit first.

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
            Hi guys........

Another question on a similar subject!!

Situation : You are on the black. You attempt to pot it, but leave it in the jaws. Your opponent plays a poor shot and miscues and fouls on his red. You have been left foul snookered.

As I understand the rules, you have two options..... 1)Pick the white up, place it behind the line and pot the black (maybe nominate another ball if you so wish, but in this instance you could pick it up and hit the black direct to pot it.)
            2)Nominate a red as the ball you are playing.

My question is, could you nominate the red, and plant the black in?! As always I will await responses before pontificating.....lol.
            Yes, the rule wouldn't serve it's purpose if you couldn't. Particularly in the situation where the last red is touching the black.
            Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by Souwester View Post
              Dean, we're talking about World Rules pool here, not snooker! The rules are different in pool! Nominating a free ball, just means it becomes one of yours for that stroke... it doesn't have to be hit first.
              DOH!

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

No it doesn't!
                Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
                  No it doesn't!
                  see above posting, I did not see that this is a pool question and not snooker

Comment

see above posting, I did not see that this is a pool question and not snooker
                    No probs mate, I didn't see that you had already been answered
                    Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oweg4OQs0AQ

Comment

Originally Posted by popikmircea View Post
                        stop posting the same video all over the place!

Comment

Working...
                        X