Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c77RY8SENs

Brand new game? thoughts from the snooker forum?
    Last edited by Qwer; 1 December 2012, 07:45 AM.

It's an interesting game, but it feels like a poor man's version of snooker. It's just how I felt when I tried it myself. That said it's fun to play, but only the three pocket version, didn't enjoy the 6 pocket amateur version.

I hope it takes off, I'd like to see all cue games enjoy success.

Comment

well I watched the first match but it seemed to me to be like what Power Snooker is to proper snooker ... over-complicated jazzed-up hype ...

I don't see the need for it ... on American tables, 9ball is a jolly good game, both watchable and exciting with lots of action and I would think suitable for all viewers ...

I personally also enjoy watching straight 14:1 pool and one-pocket although those are a lot more esoteric and I understand won't appeal to all types of audience ... I haven't seen any 10ball or 8ball on American tables - I must try to find some 8ball, I'd be interested to see how it's played "across the pond" as it's (obviously) the norm here on UK pool tables ...

Comment

I have to agree with DandyA, it does seem a lot like Power Snooker for pool. Perhaps we should have leant from the failed attempted introduction of Snooker Plus (by Joe Davis) with its Orange (8 points) and Purple (10 points) balls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snooker_plus

Sometimes the original games are the best.

The cue world is already split between snooker, billiards and pool (8ball, 9 ball and 10 ball for starters).

Does the introduction of new cue games help or hinder things?
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
        X