No announcement yet.

Mosconi Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strickland will never be picked as a wild card as he aint a team player most of the places have to be earned through the year as there are tournements around the world that give you ranking points for mosconi, chris melling one of the best natural cuiests in this country out of any1 and every1
    tha what!

Comment

Originally Posted by ian046 View Post
      strickland will never be picked as a wild card as he aint a team player most of the places have to be earned through the year as there are tournements around the world that give you ranking points for mosconi, chris melling one of the best natural cuiests in this country out of any1 and every1
      Chris Melling is awesome, huge miss to UK 8ball, great snooker player too!

Comment

If you have played both games for a few years, as I have, you begin to see that the only difference between two games is that snooker requires a much much better technique. Everything else is "the same". Still, having a good technique can be an advantage at 9ball with big pockets too, as Brit players demonstrate.

That shot by Van den Berg was low percentage yes and extremely rare in pro ranks, but really jump shots are the easiest to learn in pool. They may look alien to guys who only play snooker, but with a specialized jump cue they are quite easy to perform. There's nothing to it. I have seen total amateurs perform VdB's shot many times, even not using spider rest, but normal bridge hand using some kind of silly darts style shooting down on a ball technique. In fact, we have a few players in our pool league who practically only specialize in silly shots like that, but can't really play all that well.

The real art of 9ball is push out strategy, the break, safeties and escaping from snookers. I think anyone who could play century break standard at snooker should be able to play decent 9ball and should not have any major problem with position play. But then again, if he is not used to super slick napless cloth, particular cushion style, larger balls, different cues, different feel...etc...then it would take some practice time before he would be able to play 9ball at his own full potential, whatever it may be...

9ball is a great equalizer, it is such a game where a high level amateur who has a normal 9 to 5 job could on his day beat a pro player in a tournament. That could never happen in snooker. Some think that this is bad, while others think that that is exactly what pool should be like. Each to their own.

And I think Mark Selby would make a brilliant US pool player...he would probably use the 3 foul rule more than everybody else...

Comment

Mosconi Cup

I used to like watching ronnie o'sullivan playing 9 ball, think if he'd stuck at hit he could have been one of the greats!

Heres a link or the van den berg shot who didnt get chance to see it last nite...

http://youtu.be/Pvozx5VaTBY

Enjoy
          Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Thanks for the link . . . nice jump shot . . . is a jump shot bridge like a spider/swan neck ?

: )
            Last edited by mythman69; 12 December 2012, 10:51 AM.
            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

that rest that he used was made orginally for wheelchair players
              tha what!

Comment

Is there anywhere around the Preston area where you can play 9 ball with decent equipment and tables in good condition? The only places I see are the tables they have at the Bowling/Cinema complexes where the tables have stained/ripped cloth and the cues are about as useful as broomsticks.

I wouldn't mind giving it a bash.

Comment

Originally Posted by ian046 View Post
                  Strickland is usually good for entertainment purposes, Barry Hearn once said he wishes Strickland would be there every year because of how unpredictable he is. Id imagine he would have enjoyed this playing with the shot clock as well. Seems hes more into the 10 foot table 10 ball at the minute anyway.

Comment

he isnt gd enough t qualify in his ow right anymore so he would need to be a wild card pick from usa cpt, lets face it would you take a risk on him? fk that lol

appleton showing why he is the worlds best and melling showing how gd of a cueist he is, its retty much over now EUROPE!!!
                    tha what!

Comment

Working...
                    X