No announcement yet.

E.P.A up to there old tricks again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E.P.A up to there old tricks again....

they released this statement.

Statement from the EPA
    Following the decision of the IPA Tour to change it's rules to Blackball, any EPA ID cardholder found to be playing on the IPA Tour will be classed as playing/organising in an event in direct competition to the EPA.

The Cardholder may face a disciplinary hearing (as per constitution), at which appropriate action may be taken. Any Referees that officiate at these events will no longer be able to officiate at future EPA events and will be reported to the EPRA.

The EPA will recognise the top 64 players on the IPA Tour as Professionals.

such a joke when will they realise there destroying our game, i think a mass boycott from the epa is needed as i dont think things will ever change.
    tha what!

All sounds very very petty

Comment

its been like this for years really is holding the game back its like bdo and pdc at darts but at pool without a united ruleset the game struggles.
      tha what!

Comment

I don't play at these levels but "fish, ponds, big, little" would seem to be the appropriate words ...

although I wonder, what is a tour card worth in UK 8ball pool ... in BDO or PDC darts, it's potentially worth millions ... and a WPBSA snooker main tour card is also the same ...

Comment

The joke that is English pool goes to yet another level of pettiness........

Comment

Hi, when did this happen?
            Screws up a few people I know.
            S

Comment

Sorry, just looked at EPA homepage. Sodding stupid. blackball may rule but we're trying to get our local league, Hammersmith & District to go world rules apart from the better teams, never mind blackball.
              S

Comment

I think it's justified. Blackball has been supported by the World Pool Association in a way that has divided and conquered the UK scene and I think this has been primarily to bring more people to the American games to open up the UK market for laminated low deflection pool shafts, napless cloths and the like.

They may get the EPA in the end, and perhaps the EPA is fighting it out because surrendering will mean being assimilated by the borg. So I say any gesture to give Blackball and WPA the finger is justified.

If we do all go over to blackball, it'll be harder to refute that guy on TSF who says, "pool is checkers to snooker's chess".
                Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

One of the WR teams in our league has a napless cloth. It's horrible to play on. You play a stun shot to stop the ball dead and it rolls back 2-3 inches as if a soft screw.

Comment

It's all so daft, some of the town teams I know have split because of half the team getting banned. I'd just like to all just play one rule set and get on with it. Too many petty people with a little power on both sides.
                    You can stick you laminated shafts and napless cloth though

Comment

I'm lucky , as west central Scotland is only blackball. No worries about which to choose.

I don't mean the rule set is better BTW, just like being in an area without the

potential to split teams by having a choice. . . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                      X