Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transition from snooker table to pool table !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transition from snooker table to pool table !!!

Hi just wondered if anybody has experienced my problem ?? I play and dont have any problems on the snooker table I am regarded as an excellent potter at all distances , however the transition to the pool table leaves me struggling to make the easiest of pots !!! Pool has always been my main game . But after playing snooker I turn into a blithering Buffoon on the pool table !!! Any thoughts or guidance ?? Tommy

Is this English pool or American? I'm asking because on English pool tables the white ball is smaller than the yellow/reds so potting is different. Depending on how you aim, you might find you need to play all pots thicker to get the desired results.

Another possible difference. Do you use your snooker stance for pool? Or do you find there is less space so you do something different.

Finally, I think expectations can put some pressure on you. You know you're good at snooker, so you expect you'll be even better at pool - even worse if your opponent is also expecting this. Sometimes this will put pressure on and you'll end up playing really badly, this has happened to me before.
    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
    - Linus Pauling

Comment

I always find it takes me a few frames to get to 'unmissable' status on a pool table.

Pretty much because the balls don't react with side to the same degree. Early days I find myself missing thin cuts. 3 or 4 frames though and you work it out.

Comment

This is just straightforward out of season knockabout English pool !! Stance is ok confidence is high cue is spot on I just turn into Mr Bean ??

Comment

maybe your underestimating the level of concentration required, even though it is 'just pool'

Comment

Working...
          X