Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: World 8 Ball Pool Rules

Player breaks pots one Red + one Yellow = Open Table Correct

Player nominates Red pots the Red + a Yellow = ????? is it still Open Table?

Foul 2 Visits, but Player 1 stays on reds, (nominated coulor before the foul)

Comment

texas has it correct, just to clarify:

Player A breaks, pots one Red and one Yellow, this is in essence an Open Table but is not called as such, as Player A must nominate which colour before proceeding.
      Player A nominates Red, pots one Red and one Yellow, Foul.
      No Open Table, as Player A has legitimately nominated a colour.
      Rule H Deciding Colours 2 c i) If the player nominates a Colour that was potted on the break, the player is on that colour no matter what happens next.

Moving on in the game, Player B has two visits on Yellow.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I thought combination shots where allowed I'm sure they are in my league

Comment

You are thinking of 8 ball rules in which combination shots are allowed

Comment

Apologies - what i meant to say was Blackball rules (IPA TOUR) allow combination shots but World 8 ball rules (EPA) do not - In your league you are most probably playing Blackball rules - where I live there is 3 different leagues during the week each playing a different set of rules (World, Old EPA, and a mixiblob of the 2) which can get very confusing at times

Comment

for interest see the following website where it has been attempted to show the differences between the UK Pool Rules
              note, the BAPTO rules equate to BlackBall rules.
              http://www.webring.org/l/rd?ring=uks...k_rules%2Ehtml

Comment

Those BAPTO rules are miles away from the current blackball rules ( just an old comparison methinks ).
                In blackball, you don't need to nominate any time after the break ( no matter if 0, 1 or 2+ balls are potted ),
                You DO need to hit a cushion ( with any ball ) after contact with the ball "on",
                there is no longer a "D" ( just a baulk line )
                to name a few differences to the comparison sheet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Cheers for the update, as I said, "they attempted" to compare, I thought there would be differences from the old BAPTO to BlackBall but I have not played either for many years

Comment

Working...
                  X