the self sabotage pool shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the self sabotage pool shot

does anyone else have these moment when everything is going well, potting is awesome, position is spot on, you are in total control of the game, then your see a shot a absolutely crazy shot but you are so convinced that you can pull it off and that everyone watching will be wowed when it happens, then you play it and everything goes wrong and you end up loosing

i did this today was in a sigles ko tournament best of 3 i was 1-0 up had the second game so on my side i was never gonna loose then it happened the wild shot moment, ended up loosing 2-1 after getting 8balled in the last game was furious knowing that i had it won, but had no idea why i played it when it seemed such a wild shot
    IF YOU HAVE A SHOT ON TAKE IT, NEVER MESS WITH CHANCE AND BE TOO SAFE CAUSE ONE DAY IT WILL BITE YOU IN THE ASS

Lol, playing to the crowd is an evil mistress

Comment

Welcome to my world.

Comment

im not the only one who does it then, its like a subconscious decision that's only realized to be bad after playing it, the question is how to get over it thus to start winning matches and improving the overall game
        IF YOU HAVE A SHOT ON TAKE IT, NEVER MESS WITH CHANCE AND BE TOO SAFE CAUSE ONE DAY IT WILL BITE YOU IN THE ASS

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Lol, playing to the crowd is an evil mistress
          it is also the only reason i ever play pool!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

It's known as looking for and finding an excuse to lose.
            Better to go down in flames than show that nerves are getting to you and missing a sitter.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
              It's known as looking for and finding an excuse to lose.
              Better to go down in flames than show that nerves are getting to you and missing a sitter.
              Spot on, seen this many times.
              Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

it the same rule as the obligatory donkey shot you will always make after you pot a superb one!
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  it the same rule as the obligatory donkey shot you will always make after you pot a superb one!
                  That sounds exactly like me Andrew, great long red then I miss the easy black
                  77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

Thats the difference between playing " nice and safely " , totally in control , cant miss AND " gonna do this and smile at the applause ". Depends how you play the game and where you want to take it , serious or fun . One of my bug bears is millimetre perfect position on the next ball and jawing the one you used to get in to the correct position , painfull.

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
                      Thats the difference between playing " nice and safely " , totally in control , cant miss AND " gonna do this and smile at the applause ". Depends how you play the game and where you want to take it , serious or fun . One of my bug bears is millimetre perfect position on the next ball and jawing the one you used to get in to the correct position , painfull.
                      very similar, usually on an away table with fluffy carpet cloth, play a superb positional shot but the object ball stops just before the drop, no ball has hit a cushion so give a foul! (World Rules), very effing painful
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Similar to opting for a mad shot instead of a guaranteed safety. Wouldn't want anyone to think we aren't good enough to pot that so lets take it on and miss . As soon as I commit to a difficult pot after wondering whether or not I should take it on, I miss. Could be onto something here...
                        Last edited by Grifter; 13 June 2013, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I think the worst misses happen for me in pool when I feel like there's a better shot but just can't see it at the minute, and settle for an option I don't like. That's when you can really feel like a worm on a hook!
                          Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Working...
                          X