Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Color of Money 1996 $100,000 prize Efren Reyes versus Earl 'the Pearl' Strickland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color of Money 1996 $100,000 prize Efren Reyes versus Earl 'the Pearl' Strickland

Hi TSF,

I was watching this 9 ball game on youtube last night . . . well worth a watch!!

$100,000 prize: Efren Reyes versus Earl Strickland (race to 120 frames).

Here is the link to the final part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVEQzNFkbnU

Enjoy!

Last edited by mythman69; 16 June 2013, 02:06 AM. Reason: wrong link - opps - fixed
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Seems to be the wrong link lol I keep getting "Dave Chappelle - Rick James Best Scenes"

Comment

Opps . . . let me fix that

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

I spent a weekend watching the match and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Btw, your Youtube link is not pointing to the right video...
        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

I have fixed the link - try again.

Great to watch . . . did you watch it all?

How many hours was that?

Comment

Yup, watched it all... It was the most pool I have ever watched over the span of 2 days. Very gripping stuff, you can cut the tension with a knife.
            When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
              Yup, watched it all... It was the most pool I have ever watched over the span of 2 days. Very gripping stuff, you can cut the tension with a knife.
              Yep, that is a lot of Pool . . .

Comment

Pathetic attitude by Earl towards the end. Very unprofessional.

Comment

Yes, Earl often likes to throw all his toys out of the pram . . .

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                    Hi TSF,

I was watching this 9 ball game on youtube last night . . . well worth a watch!!

$100,000 prize: Efren Reyes versus Earl Strickland (race to 120 frames).

Here is the link to the final part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVEQzNFkbnU

Enjoy!

yeah, I've watched that whole match in the past ... as others have mentioned, absolutely gripping stuff and an amazing ending ... I've also watched all the Mosconi Cup videos on YouTube - there are pretty complete tournaments going back to 2007 or so ...

just wondering if anyone can recommend any other pool matches/tournaments worth watching on YouTube? I enjoy watching for a whole evening (or more) so starting at 2 or 3 hours upwards - the Color of Money and each Mosconi Cup is about 12 hours viewing so ideal for me ... I'm not really into watching one wondrous frame ...

any pool format is OK ... American 9ball or 10ball, straight pool, one pocket or UK 8ball ... I'll rule out snooker as I get enough of a fix of it "live" and may have seen it before ...

thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                      just wondering if anyone can recommend any other pool matches/tournaments worth watching on YouTube? I enjoy watching for a whole evening (or more) so starting at 2 or 3 hours upwards - the Color of Money and each Mosconi Cup is about 12 hours viewing so ideal for me ... I'm not really into watching one wondrous frame ...
                      This may of interest:

Players: Ben 'hot shot' Nunan VS Hoc 'Chinese assassin' (RACE TO 31) at City Heroes (Sydney, Australia) - each player put up $12,000

http://www.cueball.tv/forum/topics/y...ource=activity

Hint: don't look in the bottom left hand corner of the video screen before you press play on the video as it shows the final frame score. Just press play on the video.

Enjoy
                      Last edited by mythman69; 17 June 2013, 12:09 AM. Reason: $24,000 money match

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                        This may of interest:

Players: Ben 'hot shot' Nunan VS Hoc 'Chinese assassin' (RACE TO 31) at City Heroes (Sydney, Australia) - each player put up $12,000

http://www.cueball.tv/forum/topics/y...ource=activity

Hint: don't look in the bottom left hand corner of the video screen before you press play on the video as it shows the final frame score. Just press play on the video.

Enjoy
                        many thanks mythman69 ... I've watched the first half hour or so and I'm enjoying it ... although it is a bit strange watching 8ball on an American table with Australian commentary - guess I'm too used to watching/playing 8ball on our little UK pool tables - commentary is top notch though

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                          many thanks mythman69 ... I've watched the first half hour or so and I'm enjoying it ... although it is a bit strange watching 8ball on an American table with Australian commentary - guess I'm too used to watching/playing 8ball on our little UK pool tables - commentary is top notch though
                          I am glad you are enjoying it . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X