Pool players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool players

Hi all, I am going to watch Keith Brewer at my snooker club on Friday, looking forward to it, just wondering if anyone can fill me in on his background, cheers.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Keith is an absolute legend of the pool circuit, especially from the older days, before world rules etc.

Probably the best player around at that time & in my opinion the best player to of never been world champion.

Comment

What itx says is bang on.

Comment

A real class act then and still going very strong with the world rules ...Did he just win a European championship and the world masters last year ...

Comment

in my opinion, darren appleton is the best 8 ball player without an 8 ball world title to his name

Comment

Pool players

True about Darren, class act on a pool table.

Guess you could also put Lee Kendall in the mix as well.

Comment

I played in a pool tournament in Derby years ago, Keith was there doing an exhibition, my mate challenged him to a money match, i was very surprised to hear Keith say no, when i asked him why a little later on he said he has had this kind of thing before, he's in a club with 200 hundred people, many of which would have a few quid on the local lad and it could turn nasty when he (most probably) wins, when i thought about it i got his point. Great player though.
              After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Originally Posted by itx View Post
                True about Darren, class act on a pool table.

Guess you could also put Lee Kendall in the mix as well.
                not for me

Comment

Ross the boss, still winning in his fifties, different class.

Comment

Not as flamboyant as some, but a good solid player, similar in lots of ways to Keith, (Lee that is).

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                      +1, yep Andy, your not wrong there.

Still taking I.M. titles recently. Legend .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ross Mcinnes? Another one i've seen live, and had a frame with, awesome!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but does anyone remember Dave 'Jelly Bean' Holt? I remember going to an exhibition over 20 years ago and he was giving players a 10 shot, yes TEN shot head start for £10 a frame, i was around 11 or 12 years old and i jumped at the chance, i did it in around 3 shots, my aunty (who had backed me) then played him for the same £10 and he gave her a TWENTY shot head start, she went in off early on and he dished, is he still playing?

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                          yep still doing it, am biased, saw ross at an exhibition 10 years ago, he suggested i try playing the next level up. good guy that likes pool

Comment

Originally Posted by scottley View Post
                            Ross Mcinnes? Another one i've seen live, and had a frame with, awesome!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but does anyone remember Dave 'Jelly Bean' Holt? I remember going to an exhibition over 20 years ago and he was giving players a 10 shot, yes TEN shot head start for £10 a frame, i was around 11 or 12 years old and i jumped at the chance, i did it in around 3 shots, my aunty (who had backed me) then played him for the same £10 and he gave her a TWENTY shot head start, she went in off early on and he dished, is he still playing?
                            Remember him fine what a character,think it was Jelly Baby though.

Comment

I think your right mate, it was baby, good player!

Comment

Working...
                              X