X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
    Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
    Aren't your new blackspin tips two layers Mike? :-P
    yes. but there is a big difference - the bottom layer is never played on and serves only as 'bed' for the tip and to make it easier to change tips without potentially damaging the ferrule surface.

the bottom layer, whilst an integral part of the soon to be released blackpsin tip, can also be left on the cue and a new, different if you so desire, tip glued to that.
    Haha I was just winding you up mate :-)

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
      Personally never tried Mikes super tips but never heard a bad word about them other than the price lol, can't imagine you can go far wrong with them, he's like a mad scientist that has to have things perfect lol. Seriously though the Diamond Plus are excellent, I really like elks but the Diamond Plus are better, if you prefer harder tips but want to use pressed tips try the GBL Pro Granite tips, very hard but good pressed tip that's still softer than any laminated tip.
      If you want Dave I can send you a MW supertip. I find them the best tips around at moment but gonna trial a few more as well.
      Cheers mate but I'm gonna stick with the Diamond Plus for now, new pool season starts soon and I don't want to start messing about with new tips lol. Thanks a lot for the offer, very kind of you mate

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        think he has died now so they are all fake! but try joe nielsen billiards in the usa. the hercules H2 are very similar things.
        Are the latest Mooris fake then as well, the 5 layer ones ?

Comment

Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
          Are the latest Mooris fake then as well, the 5 layer ones ?
          depends what you mean they are made in a factory now - the originals were made by hand by hierro moori, and i am pretty sure he is dead.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

not wound up at all, it's actually a valid point you made.

i was just making sure that anyone reading would fully understand the diffference.
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

depends what you mean they are made in a factory now - the originals were made by hand by hierro moori, and i am pretty sure he is dead.
              I see, I was referring to the latest generation mate MOORI V, which is 4 layers not 5 as I previously said...
              http://www.pro9.co.uk/html/theprosho...t&pid=TIPS0064

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                not wound up at all, it's actually a valid point you made.

i was just making sure that anyone reading would fully understand the diffference.
                So similar to the wafer on your laminated tips then Mike?

Comment

Get your self G2 tip, made in Japan. The best tip I have ever used and I have tried pretty much everything on the market. Have not miscued in over 2-3 month now

Comment

I have had a MW laminated tip on my new TW for around 3 weeks now and I love it, bought them over a year ago and never got around to using them, now I find they are no longer available which is disappointing.
                    In case anyone has any they don't want I am a buyer.

So similar to the wafer on your laminated tips then Mike?
                    " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

Tell us more about them please, is there one spec ?
                      How do you rate them compared to Kamui MH & Talisman soft
                      Who sells them and how much ?
                      Many thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by mel_smOg View Post
                      Get your self G2 tip, made in Japan. The best tip I have ever used and I have tried pretty much everything on the market. Have not miscued in over 2-3 month now
                      " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

not often i find myself in disagreement with the cue father but i think laminated tips are a superb idea, i like a hard tip, soft tips are for girls! and i find the feel a touch of a good laminated tip to be better than a pressed tip, the only thing i don't like is that many of them make a ping noise when playing with power.
                        think phoenix do the ping all the time, maybe they should of been named that
                        "the phoenix ping"

Comment

I have tried many many tips. I love soft tips but it is hard to find a good elk and they dont last long. So for the last 2 years I have been using a Kamui Black Super Soft. It is by far the best tip I have ever used. Its soft, it lasts a whole season, grips chalk very well, no miscues, great feel, lots of side and backspin. I play snooker and billiards (proper english billiards not american pool lol).

Comment

Originally Posted by Creambun View Post
                            I have tried many many tips. I love soft tips but it is hard to find a good elk and they dont last long. So for the last 2 years I have been using a Kamui Black Super Soft. It is by far the best tip I have ever used. Its soft, it lasts a whole season, grips chalk very well, no miscues, great feel, lots of side and backspin. I play snooker and billiards (proper english billiards not american pool lol).
                            That's a tip I've not tried, just how soft is the supersoft, what can it be compared to?
                            Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

I would say it is like the very best elk master u may have ever played with. Its just a little softer than elk but lasts lot longer. Its the best laminated tip I have ever used for sure. Talisman, pheonix and moori softs are still too hard. Everest soft is too too soft and falls apart too easily.

Comment

I have to agree with MW!

I think I have tried nearly all the tips out there for English pool and always end up going back to Elk's, they are the softest tip that hold the most amount of chalk I can find, you don't need a hard tip for 8 ball it's all about finesse and touch lol

As for snooker I use a different cue and have always used a MW suppertip, it's like a slightly firmer elk that lasts 10 times as long!
                                On my 8 ball cue I just re tip my cue every couple of months when the elk finally wears and goes like cement!

Comment

Working...
                                X