World Champion , Again !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Champion , Again !!!

Gareth Potts has had a fantastic start to 2014 . He has successfully defended his International 8 Ball Masters title in Shanghai and recently celebrated winning the IPA World Championships ( Blackball ) at Lakeside , to add to his previous 4 x World titles , ( 3 x senior & 1 x junior ). I am immensely proud of him , having known him for over 20 years and I am sure his mum Sandra and dad Dave (both sadly passed on) would have been just as proud . See you on the baize , Gareth .
    Last edited by old school; 4 February 2014, 01:03 PM. Reason: addendum

I seen this also, what a player.

He has also got some great coaching videos and previous IPA matches on youtube, great viewing.

Comment

And he ain't too shabby at snooker either seen him play in a club i go to, quite easily making 80 plus breaks on crap tables lol

Comment

If I remember correctly he has a high break of 144 , has practised and played with quite a few Professionals and it has been suggested by a current Tour player ( no prizes for guessing who ) that ,if he wanted to , he could get a tour card , such is his proficiency with a cue.
        Last edited by old school; 4 February 2014, 01:56 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Great player. He was supporting that tour player (no prizes for guessing who) at the Masters final.
          On Cue Facebook Page
          Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
          Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
            Great player. He was supporting that tour player (no prizes for guessing who) at the Masters final.
            arbitrage might hear you

Comment

Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
              arbitrage might hear you
              Hi just a guess would it be Ronnie Osullivan

Comment

Selby I would say

Comment

I'm going to hazard a guess that he was there supporting his good mate Paul Collier. Paul did a cracking job that night, didn't drop any balls, didn't do a Micheala, didn't get the scores wrong... excellent. No doubt he was spurred on by the great support Gareth Potts gave him in the audience.

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                    I seen this also, what a player.

He has also got some great coaching videos and previous IPA matches on youtube, great viewing.

Curious have u got a link to some of his videos cheers

Comment

Just type " Gareth Potts " in your browser .There are 24 x instructional type videos under " pool coaching " done in conjunction with Home Leisure Direct on You Tube and quite a few videos of matches , including vs Lee Kendall and Olly Bale. I have no idea how many clips there are out there , but its quite a few.Hope this helps , enjoy.

Comment

He's pretty arrogant but credit where its due he's an amazing pool player is Mr Potts

Comment

Have to agree , very marmite is our Gareth .He is very serious and focused around the baize , but catch him in a relaxed mood ( ref my post " Barristers 4s , Jan 2013 ) and he is very pleasant.It will be such a pity when he has fulfilled all his IPA commitments this year , as he is retiring from English 8 ball , after 23 years ,to concentrate on the Chinese 8 Ball he is currently playing.It is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I personally wished him well. p.s. it was Mark Selby , their significant others are sisters ( if I remember correctly) and they are very close.

Comment

how many worlds as he got

Comment

I noticed that he won his latest 8 ball world championship playing with his snooker cue. After going from playing Chinese 8 ball with a cue that has an 11.7mm tip he felt playing uncomfortable with his normal 8.5mm tip pool cue as it was just too big a difference, so he played with his 9.5mm tip snooker cue. Just shows 8 ball pool can be played to the highest standard with a normal spec snooker cue.
                              Last edited by rdsalt; 26 March 2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X