Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ales Pool League Singles Plate Champion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ales Pool League Singles Plate Champion!

it's hardly a huge claim to fame but I thought some of you might be interested that I won the local league Singles Plate UK 8ball today ... 5-2 ... I can't say I played well, just that my opponent played worse and I hit a few crucial pressure shots ...

I played with my snooker cue ... a Welsh Pool Trading "Welsh Dragon" - 10.1mm tip, 57.5in, 16" balance ...

Ales league stands for Ashford, Laleham, Egham and Staines and is a very well run small and friendly league - new players are always welcome ... it's website is http://alespoolleague.leaguerepublic.../57282567.html ...

Well done

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Well done
      thanks jrc, much appreciated ... I normally play pool for the pub team in the evenings so it was very stressful for me having to play earlier in the day ...

I was very nearly sober during the match but have been celebrating since

Comment

Well done mate its a good standard of pool as well, congratulations.

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
          Well done mate its a good standard of pool as well, congratulations.
          were you there justf ? I hope not cos the standard in my final was poor, I'd be really embarrassed if someone had video'd it and posted it to the forum ...

but it just goes to show it's all about the mind ... he played better than me but I applied a lot of pressure by hitting my out shots ...

Comment

Working...
          X