Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giuseppe I'mperio Word Pool Final

[URL="http://www.wepf.org"]

After winning the under 21 title on Friday up in Blackpool Giuseppe is going for the double, after defeating Adam Davis ( former world champion) 10-4 in today's semi he takes on Tom Cousins tomorrow.

If you want to watch how pool(world rules)should be played I suggest you tune in to the stream tomorrow starting at 6pm ( not a low quality stream, one of the best I've seen) I've had the pleasure of playing in teams with G in it, I can tell you he'll dominate the pool scene for years awesome ability and a wise head on young shoulders.

C'mon the G Man!

cracking player, watched him win the under 21's last week and tipped him for both early on in the tournament.

was on the fortunate side the morroccan lad didnt nominate at 7-6 up but still finished it.

all with a £20 riley cue as well..

Comment

Yep just shows you don't need anything expensive cue wise at all. Every time he plays a shot you can hear the 'ting' echoing round the room. I've never seen him get rattled and lose his composure, such a talent.

Comment

Seen some of his win v Mick Hill as well, and G held his nerve better than Mick!

He will be the most successful pool player in the history of the game. I'd put good money on him winning 5 or 6 world titles.

Comment

Agree, people forget how young he actually because he's been around the game for so long. Hopefully he goes on tomorrow and beats TC, dunno if anyone has won both the 21's and mens in the same year.

Comment

Lets see if he can win this before you say that he will win 5 or 6 world titles.

Comment

How has he done on the UK Tour ?

I know a couple of lads that play pool ........i believe he lost in the U21 Final last year to Michael Hope [ player i know ] .

Hopefully get to see him play in the Surrey Open at Frames soon .

Quite like the Pool , not a game i play but like to watch it .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Is anyone at the imperial hotel watching it?
                Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Good luck to Giuseppe I say , great result against Adam. Stoke-on-Trent was well represented at the Worlds , as well as Adam ( Afford , Tuesdays , Locomotive ) we had Steve Prince ( team mate of mine on Tues ) making it to the semis of the World Seniors , eventually losing to beaten finalist Steve Gray but huge congratulations must go to Dave Beaumont ( Longton Knox , Afford , Tuesdays ) who became Wheelchair World Champion . I shall take great pleasure in meeting him on the baize next Tuesday ( 8th ) for our league match and firmly shaking him by the hand to give him my warmest congratulations. Dave is an inspiration and competes ( not just making the numbers up ) very successfully in the Afford League , Tuesday nights against able bodied players , his stats are 20 wins out of 40 frames at the moment , so he definitely knows one end of the stick from the other.Grand lad.

Comment

Cant remember who beat G in the 21's last year but I don't think it was Michael. I'm sure he'll be at Frames there's not many competitions that he misses! Region 7- Berkshire, Surrey, London, Sussex, Hampshire etc have some very good young players coming through shame there's not more money knocking around to make it interesting.

I think G's best game was against Mick Hill who was def favourite IMO, I think people expected Hill or Harrison to be winning it this year. G just didn't miss and it was Hill that looked shaky all through the game.

I know Sky are not covering the worlds this year but must say the streaming has been excellent, well done CLC.

C'mon the G Man lets get this World Championship won!

Comment

Michael won the U21 last year ....just double checked . Can't confirm the score but think he won 8-2 .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

You're right Michael did win it; thought it was someone else :-(

Comment

Was going up but the diabetes is killing me at the moment. Had my hotel booked and all. Really pissed off as I see my team mates up there. Watching it using roku on TV. Full HD. Excellent.

Comment

Bit of a shock result in the Mens team, Morocco beating England 8-4 in the final, especially after they only managed 6th place in the table after the round robin stage, but they took their chances pretty well from what I managed to watch. As there is no Sky coverage this year I thought they might make the final over 21 frames rather than 15, very unusual in any sport to have a semi final and final that is shorter than the rest of the group stage matches. I can understand it for time constraints to fit into a Sky programme, but not for streaming.

Comment

Agree, bit stupid to have the final shorter doesn't make sense at all. I imagine a few of the England superstars have had their noses put out of joint losing to Morocco :-) Just shows you in a shorter race anyone can win, well done Morocco.

Comment

Working...
                              X