• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biado vs PulPul (10 ball Semi-finals)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZcgsHPE4Ac

From 1:52:30.

That guy's an ass.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

I'm not sure what happened there. I take that a foul was made? What kind of a re-spot was that?
    The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

to me it was obvious so a call is not required by my reading of the rules

maybe they should change the rule to call EVERY attempt at pocketing a ball

I cant see where the 10 ball MUST be called, and the player did not call the previous pots...

on one of the posts under the vid..."should inform everyone that there was a players' meeting prior to the tournament and they have all AGREED to call the 10-ball even for obvious shots."

if that has been agreed then he fouled by not calling the 10 ball.
      Last edited by DeanH; 16 January 2015, 04:07 PM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

You are supposed to call the 10 ball before making it. But it was such an obvious pot to the middle pocket and also with the match at hill-hill, Biado (guy in black) neglected to call. (I must mention that this call rule is sometimes not adhered or strictly enforced, especially for obvious shots)

His opponent immediately pointed it out to the referee and then did a silly hop around the table.

Shocking behaviour. Totally uncalled for.
        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Yep, it's a ****ty way to win a match. I have no problem with the celebration, I'd like to see more of that in snooker, but save for games you've won fair and square.

Comment

I think it's too harsh. The 10 ball was that easy and that obvious. I'd say Biado got robbed.

Goodness, it's happened here again... From 1:25:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9ZrFBWjrKk

SVB was so disgusted that he packed up and left without completing the match.

Comment

did you see the extra bit I put up earlier

on one of the posts under the vid..."should inform everyone that there was a players' meeting prior to the tournament and they have all AGREED to call the 10-ball even for obvious shots."

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Oops, I missed that. Our posts must have crossed.

Then Biado and SVB probably were not paying attention to what was said at the players' meeting...

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I understand that was the agreement at the players meeting, but I'd be mighty pissed off to have to call shots that obvious, and i ain't no pro.

Call shot is stupid. Everyone knows what shot pros are playing. It's insulting to make them call it.

Comment

Rules a rule no matter the level. If theres a Free ball in professional snooker and they don't nominate even if its blatantly obvious which colour they're going for. FOUL

Comment

Working...
                    X