Team pool practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team pool practice

Hi guys i captian a pool team, we practice on monday nights. All we do is get together and play each other either winner stays on or if theres a few of us we play scotch doubles, but i dont feel that this is actually the best way to practice? I know theres drills out there but its hard to do drills with team as it can become drawn out and long and then people loose patience, is there a better way??😫
    Do Not Mock The Snake For Having No Legs, For Who Is To Say One Day It May Become A Dragon!:disgust:
    KRO..

Originally Posted by blurry_121 View Post
    Hi guys i captian a pool team, we practice on monday nights. All we do is get together and play each other either winner stays on or if theres a few of us we play scotch doubles, but i dont feel that this is actually the best way to practice? I know theres drills out there but its hard to do drills with team as it can become drawn out and long and then people loose patience, is there a better way??��
    Usually Scotch doubles for us, but we also try and talk through where we want the cueball, and why.

Not a help for everyone, but the less experienced players get a wee insight into shots that they maybe didn't think of.

Comment

Yeh tbh that works well for us to but i was wondering if there was anything better, but i guess for that it wud need to be doing drills which is really a individual thing. 😖
      Do Not Mock The Snake For Having No Legs, For Who Is To Say One Day It May Become A Dragon!:disgust:
      KRO..

Comment

I suppose we don't really meet for practice, this is just us on pool night for 2 hours before,

loosening the arm, making sure the bar is open, catching up on the weekend everyone has had,

& finding out who's not coming, but not informed us, etc etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Lol some head ache ent it, where do you play and in what city? Has your team won much? My lads had a free pool table on the mon so we practice then, then our games normally weds or thurs, we have a good laugh and drink as ya do lol, but very inconsistant 😐
          KRO..

Comment

scotch doubles toss coin for partners each game losers buys shots/beer - standard soon picks up - it soon levels off for loosers when the winners can no longer can walk and big barmaid turns into a model

Comment

Originally Posted by blurry_121 View Post
              Lol some head ache ent it, where do you play and in what city? Has your team won much? My lads had a free pool table on the mon so we practice then, then our games normally weds or thurs, we have a good laugh and drink as ya do lol, but very inconsistant ��
              We play in Cumbernauld just outside Glasgow. Won the league, league cup, singles and doubles & captain's trophy last season, but expect more of a challenge this coming season with a few new teams coming in. Should be a much closer ( and therefor better ) league this season. .

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                scotch doubles toss coin for partners each game losers buys shots/beer - standard soon picks up - it soon levels off for loosers when the winners can no longer can walk and big barmaid turns into a model

Might have to give it a go loooool! Sounds like a good night!
                KRO..

Comment

Bloody hell you guys dont need the practice by sounds of it 😂
                  KRO..

Comment

We don't often have formal practice sessions, but when we get together, maybe an hour or so before a league match we just play winner stays on.

I hate scotch doubles with a passion.
                    Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
                      We don't often have formal practice sessions, but when we get together, maybe an hour or so before a league match we just play winner stays on.

I hate scotch doubles with a passion.
                      I hate it when played in a league comp.

I like it when there's 10 guys waiting for a hit. Scotch trebles and above have been known , just to loosen up the old arm . .

Comment

Lol sorry guys im a big fan of scotch well when its in a glass with ice anyway 😂
                        KRO..

Comment

Working...
                        X