DF in BB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF in BB?

I play in a League that plays WR but have recently started playing in a singles BB league.
    We have had the occasional conversation about whether a foul was a DF or not, which would concede a frame, nothing too serious though.
    Is this an issue in BB team leagues? Can it get a tad fractious?

It's certainly variant amongst different people, but it's down to how "obvious" it is. If you get straight down and roll the opponents ball in that's an obvious DF. But if you use your ball to pocket the opponents. It's easy just to apologize for a terrible "attempt" at a skilly, put up with a few grunts and move on. Just make it discreet.

Now where I have found great misinterpretation is the making an effort to play a legal shot rule. I've seen frames given (local league) for fouling after attempting to play a ball you couldn't see instead of playing a ball you can see. (For example, not wanting to pot the visable ball on the pocket that blocks a few, but opting to hit the cushion to hit a different one and fouling)

Comment

Originally Posted by nuts00 View Post
      It's certainly variant amongst different people, but it's down to how "obvious" it is. If you get straight down and roll the opponents ball in that's an obvious DF. But if you use your ball to pocket the opponents. It's easy just to apologize for a terrible "attempt" at a skilly, put up with a few grunts and move on. Just make it discreet.

Now where I have found great misinterpretation is the making an effort to play a legal shot rule. I've seen frames given (local league) for fouling after attempting to play a ball you couldn't see instead of playing a ball you can see. (For example, not wanting to pot the visable ball on the pocket that blocks a few, but opting to hit the cushion to hit a different one and fouling)
      Shouldn't be playing deliberate fouls anyway, its against the 1st rule which is the game shall be played in a sportsman like manner. The playing as if snookered shot is automatic game away if you foul in my local league starting from this season, personally i think its up to the ref to use their judgement for if the player has made a genuine attempt or not

Comment

Thanks guys.
        Is there a situation where it could be advantageous to look as if you're making an attempt but you don't really want to hit your ball.
        I can't think of one but as we are new to the ruleset we're not too sure.

Comment

Originally Posted by Slimbob View Post
          Thanks guys.
          Is there a situation where it could be advantageous to look as if you're making an attempt but you don't really want to hit your ball.
          I can't think of one but as we are new to the ruleset we're not too sure.
          If you mean by playing as if your snookered then no not really but its due to the fact you could hit a ball that's in a good position and you tried to hit a ball you couldn't see to keep the advantage, essentially risking a foul to gain an advantage which sometimes even if you do foul its worth it if your still in an advantaged position

Comment

No Dave, I mean you are snookered but you play to miss but make it look as if you were trying to hit.
            Would there ever be an advantage in doing that?

Comment

Working...
            X