Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cues

Can anybody recommend a decent 9 ball cue for a heavy hitter?

I had a Cheetah with 13mm laperti tip but i kept breaking the tip, finally i splintered the shaft.

Looking to spend about 50 quid and i like my cues long and heavy.
    Suppose while i'm at it i better get a break/jump cue.

I could recommend a few good pool cues, but then i dont know if you would want to order from the states..... I believe thats around 95 USD correct? In that case, a few brands come to mind. Dufferin, Schmelke, Fury DL, Action, and Sterling. I would stick with the first three because they have the best quality for the price. Of course, im not sure how easy it would be for you to get the cues to London.

Comment

The Buffalo range perform well, and are evenly weighted to give an optimum strike although they can be a little more expensive

http://www.tipofthecue.com/Buffalo_M..._Cue_p359.html

If your looking for something a little cheaper i would also consider the Orca II range these have high impact ferrules perfect for those power shots, and personally I like the feel of this one.

Comment

Not sure this helps at all, but I have a really nice Lucasi American pool stick for sale on eBay. Item number: 170652843819
        It has a good weight, and hasn't suffered a scratch from my use. But I never broke with it, for that I used a different cue that believe it or not was lighter. I know, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but it seemed to work better for me.... It might break the budget though! Cheers.

Comment

dont know how relevant it is, but playing 8 ball (uk) i use a lighter cue to break, i can get into the white quicker which generates more power.

Comment

I use a 18 oz cue and do fine 9 times out of 10 I pot as well

Comment

Working...
            X