interleague in the south west

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interleague in the south west

anyone know what towns near bristol have interleague teams? I'm not yet at a standard to play county, and the only way i can see of getting better is to get games against better players (ie. interleague)

Do you mean club leagues?

Comment

no interleague is where towns have teams that play each other. unfortunately bristol does not have an interleage setup.

Comment

It's not difficult to set one up if you are playing in a world rules league.
        Speak to the person who runs the interleague in your region and ask if you can join.
        If it's anything like Lancashire they'll be happy to have another team.
        Affiliate your league to EPA, get a team together from some of the best players in the league (you have to play at least 50%). Around 11-15 players you need 9 as a minimum to play. Matches are two rounds of 9 games, players can play once in each round.
        Actually to start you'll need to get a deposit and an EPA card but that's only really an issue in the first year.
        If you can't find out who runs it in your area message me and I'll try and find out from my Lancashire contacts.

Comment

unfortunately the problem with bristol is that it is classed as a county and therefore it cant create a team to join another interleague. so you'd need 8 (i think) interleague teams, all created from the one epa affiliated league in the city.

Comment

That's funny isn't it!
            I know Greater Manchester has it's own interleague but that covers alot of ground: Bury, Oldham, Salford etc.

If there aren't many leagues I would have thought you could play with Gloucestershire (that is the wider county isn't it). I think Warrington play in Greater Manchester and they are in Cheshire and Wigan play in Lancashire and they are in Greater Manchester now so I can't really see a problem.
            I don't know though.

Comment

Working...
            X