X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which one do u think is better

which one 8 ball or 9 ball

oh and could you at least try to rate this thread
    Last edited by rossie14; 29 July 2008, 02:21 PM.

english 8 ball

Comment

I like both, 9 ball is arguably easier with the larger pockets but getting out of snookers is harder. I find I can use a lot more side in 9 ball than in English 8 ball. I don’t think it’s a case of what’s better, more a case of which do you prefer. By using the term "better" you're implying that one of them is inferior to the other. Both are very good cue sports and require different tactics to win.

Comment

I prefer playing US 8ball.

Comment

uk 8ball all the way. I really cant stand 9 ball
          sigpic <---New Website
          Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
            uk 8ball all the way. I really cant stand 9 ball
            Any reason why?

Comment

Originally Posted by Darth_Spud View Post
              Any reason why?
              Just preference really. I dont like the ball size or the pocket size. Just like i prefer Rugby League than Rugby Union.
              sigpic <---New Website
              Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

I assume the choices are for US pool? At any rate I like them both. Personally I find 9-ball harder since you have to line up a certain way. I like the options available in 8-ball. I run out more regularly playing 8-ball than 9-ball. 8-ball is supposed to be harder but I find it a lot easier than 9-ball.
                screw it

http://90minutesandmore.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
                  Just preference really. I dont like the ball size or the pocket size. Just like i prefer Rugby League than Rugby Union.
                  Yeah I would have to say the pocket size does tend to make the game less challenging, having said that the game is great for a nock about with some mates. I play English 8 ball in my local pub league, which makes the game seem more intense and competitive. When I play in the league I always feel under pressure but with nine ball its just a laugh with my mates. The differences between the two sports are what I like about them. My style of play differs from each game, which is why I like them both.

Comment

UK 8 ball also has more strategy.

One of the strangest things about play pool in the UK is that every pub you go to has it's own set of rules...
                    World rules, New rules, Old rules and hybrids of them all.

My local used to play two shots carry (but one shot on black), play from the 'D', nominate and stick pocket on first black ball shot and black ball foul loses.

Another game I played included the rule that whichever pocket the first ball was potted in was that players pocket for the black ball; their opponent had to pot in the opposite corner/side.

Comment

Originally Posted by FirstMM View Post
                      UK 8 ball also has more strategy.

One of the strangest things about play pool in the UK is that every pub you go to has it's own set of rules...
                      World rules, New rules, Old rules and hybrids of them all.
                      that's very true of American 8-ball as well, most notably in the fact that the post-foul rules are different between the standardized pro rules (ball-in-hand like in 9-ball) and at many local establishments (no ball-in-hand unless an in-off occurs, at which point the white is placed in the baulk (kitchen)).
                      "And I'd give him my right arm to have his cue action - poetry in motion."

Ronnie O'Sullivan on Steve Davis

Comment

For the pool games I would go for American 9 Ball Pool.

Comment

english 8 ball!!!!!!!!!!!

english 8 ball

Comment

uk 8 ball all the way mainly because ive never played alot of 9 ball
                            http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

I would have to go with 8 ball, as i dont like how easy it is to pot on a 9 ball table.
                              Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Working...
                              X