Know pool to improve ur snooker game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know pool to improve ur snooker game.

Well i know this is a Snooker forum, but i think pool is a very complete game, and i find it even harder than snooker (not technically, ofc).
    There are lots of pool tips that can be used on snooker, an i think that a complete snooker player has to play pool as well.
    There are really good matches posted on the internet, here u have the most useful links:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BClub
    http://www.youtube.com/user/cuebie81
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BaBo1994
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Olschi
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Gabenvagyok

And a lot more, ENJOY!
    Billy Incardona: "U may get an angle for an angle"

Btw, i recomend u to have a look at the Souquet vs Strickland match on BClub, u can enjoy with the Strickland's fluency and superstrategic knowledge of Souquet (he's my fauvorite player).

Comment

Europe is dominating pool both in men and women tournaments. Asia is second. USA is out the door.
      Earl Strickland is a cry baby who is pathetic to watch when he throws his tantrum.
      That is my opinion about 9 ball.
      I agree 9 ball is a game that can help snooker with regard to position play because there are so many shots one needs to know to run out consistently. But you should watch some top snooker player play 9 ball, they are awesome. Just watch Stephen Hendry in the St. Andrew's Cup on youtube.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

On the other end of the scale before a pool match i practice on a full size snooker table to get my eye in. Feels like a matchbox when i get to the pool table
        sigpic <---New Website
        Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Potting is not too difficult for the experienced snooker player in pool but position play is. This is sometimes known as 'pattern play'. The smaller table is difficult to position the cue ball, in snooker, you have more space.

If you play snooker, try to stick to snooker as much as you can if you want to play it serious but only a little pool.

Comment

well yes, stricland is a silly baby, but he's got talent thought.
            About what u all said, pool really improves position play, u can notice that on precise shots, an to think more in angles not in areas.
            Anyways, the links r great an u can enjoy them really much.

Comment

a snooker play can play pool well, but a pool player wont be able to play snooker well due to more margin for error at pool and a good cue action is essential with snooker. where as wityh pool if ya playing bad ya can still pot the balls lol

Comment

I can't wait for the Mosconi Cup this year. Europe vs America is always a great battle.

bongo

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                  a snooker play can play pool well, but a pool player wont be able to play snooker well due to more margin for error at pool and a good cue action is essential with snooker. where as wityh pool if ya playing bad ya can still pot the balls lol
                  Not all good snooker players can become GREAT 9 ball players. Never seen any great 9 ball player become good snooker player.
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

dunno if its true but heard tony drago was a winner of a 9 ball torney, or got to the final, any 9 ball followers will know for certain

Comment

dunno if its true but heard tony drago was a winner of a 9 ball torney, or got to the final, any 9 ball followers will know for certain
                      Yes, but this is bc tony is more a pool player than a snooker player.

The only thing that a good snooker player needs to be a pool champion is a good break shot. But running out of position in pool is worst than doing it on snooker.

Comment

dunno maybe,
                        but suppose its easyer to pot your way outa trouble but harder to run safe as being smaller table

Comment

Yes, that is right, he has recently won the Eurotour Paris Open 2008.

A few months back he won the Predator 10 ball championship.

bongo

Correction - The Paris Open was in February! Oh Dear!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by bongo; 12 October 2008, 09:13 AM.

Comment

dunno maybe,
                            but suppose its easyer to pot your way outa trouble but harder to run safe as being smaller table
                            Safety concept on pool is quite different, u have balls safe when the opponent can't see the object ball (so it's snookered) an hasn't got an easy jump (yes! remember u can jump the cue ball!). There's also an important rule on the pool safeties which is u have to touch the rail with the object ball or the cue ball before the shot, so kicking safe it's way harder.

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
                              Yes, that is right, he has recently won the Eurotour Paris Open 2008.

A few months back he won the Predator 10 ball championship.

bongo

Correction - The Paris Open was in February! Oh Dear!
                              cheers mate, thought memory was playing tricks then lol
                              got an old cue world mag with a young drago in considered a good fast prospect for the snooker world

Comment

Working...
                              X