Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University Team Sponsorship

Hey All,

I am pool captain of Pembroke College at the University of Cambridge and the season has just started. We are on the look-out for a sponsor which would provide us with T-Shirts / Jumpers / other to wear to our games and generally around pool events.

If you know of anyone who is interested or are interested yourself could you please get in contact with me at: mjg91 [at] cam.ac.uk - I would be very pleased to talk through options with any prospective sponsors.

Sorry if this is classed as "spam", but I am a regular reader of the forums and have posted before and I just thought of it as a good place to start looking for a sponsor!

Anyway, let me know if you're interested! Especially those people who own snooker / pool goods shops! Might get you a bit of cheap advertising.

Thanks,
    Matt Galloway

Hi Matt, hopefully some local entrpreneur's just seen an opportunity for advertising; huge company or small, doesn't really matter does it.

Good Luck and if you've got your results online, post up the URL for a possible LINKS section inclusion.

PS Jumpers? Thinking of the cold nights are we, long walks home getting lost and only a kebab for gloves! Good ole days!
    Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Hey hey,

Cheers for the reply - nice little logo there!

Yeh sure, keep track of our results at: http://www.cam.ac.uk/societies/cupc/div1.html

We're Pembroke I. There's also a team in division 2A and division 2B.

Yeh, I'm hoping some local company will get involved, maybe they could get some cue sales out of it too, because there's a few people in my team which might be interested in buying a cue... hint hint... hehe!

Comment

Just out of interest, is there much of a snooker scene at Cambridge? I might be starting at Clare next year and there doesnt seem to be any mention of it on the societies page. Pool's alright but it's not quite as relaxing between work imo (and from what I've heard, that could be pretty important).

Comment

Hey,

There is no snooker scene at all no. Every Cambridge Uni student is a member of the Cambridge Snooker Centre though by default which is cool, and that's where the university pool team plays.

I play snooker on the side with friends though as there's the snooker centre and another pretty good place to play, but no competitive events within the uni.

If you get here next year give me a shout and I'll go down and have a few frames with you if you want!

Comment

Yay! We won our game today, 7-2, which puts us joint top of the league after 2 games. There's one team who have played 3 so far so they've gone ahead, but if we win the next game then we're on for top place. We're playing so well at the moment it's unbeleivable!

C'mon, someone must want to sponsor us! We will do well in the league and maybe if a pool / snooker shop sponsored us then you could do a bit of a trial day at our place and maybe sell a few cues or at least drum up some interest!

Comment

What have these had to say Matt? (info from www.Yell.com & http://www.thomsonlocal.com )

Mickey Flynn's American Pool Hall

103, Mill Rd, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB1 2AZ
              Tel: 01223 309000

Classification: Snooker & Pool Centres

Options: Cambridge Snooker Centre

Coldhams Rd, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB1 3EW
              Tel: 01223 249661

Options:
              W T's Snooker & Sporting Club

39b, Burleigh St, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB1 1DG
              Tel: 01223 350400

Options: Ultimate Leisure

96, Station Rd, Histon, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB4 9LQ
              Tel: 01223 235588

Dodgy bit of page formatting eh?

Classification: Snooker & Pool Tables & Equipment

Dillow A
              Beechenhurst/Ely Rd, Waterbeach, Cambridge, CB5 9NW
              Tel: 01223 862673

Dodgy bit of page formatting eh?

Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Hey,

Yes I am getting in contact with those places. WTs and Mickey Flyns are the same company and I am a member of both WTs and Cambridge Snooker Centre and I visit them regularly so I'm hoping to drum up some interest from them.

Cheers everyone for the support!

Comment

I am going to support it.. Thanks mattjgalloway.

Comment

Working...
                  X