Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8x4 table, pool balls, slate, WAY different

hi guys

OK in preparation for my weekly pub pool night, I made my lunchbreak worthwhile and went to a poolhall to do some practice.

Now - the pub tables are 7 x 3.5 and use 52mm red and yellow balls. So when I get to the pool hall, and they're using 8 x 4 tables and 57mm 'proper' 8 ball balls, it got interesting. I wasn't used to hitting such a large cue ball. In fact it was about 10 minutes before I actually sank anything. Plus the amount of spin you could give the cue ball was crazy.

My usual angles weren't working as well; I am not sure why - maybe because the cue ball could spin out more? But what I did realise is I needed to follow through HEAPS (which is probably just normal for most people). When I did this, I was able to pot more accurately.

I suppose I could compare it to sliding on a tiled floor with socks on (pub table), and ice skating (pool hall table). So does anyone have anything else to add? It would be appreciated. BTW the only ice skating we do down here is indoors....in summer...when it's bloody hot...like today.
    k

I know where your coming from most of the pub tables in my area use a thick snooker cloth so it does not wear as much and alot cheaper.
    Been to a couple of pool halls in the past and found the same as you, as i said i think its mainly due to the cloth. :snooker:

Comment

Working...
    X