Best English 8ball balls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best English 8ball balls?

Hi all what are the best english 8ball (2") spots and stripes you can buy?

The best ive found are aramith premier.

If you know of better 2" balls where can i buy them?

arimaths are standard, and therefore i'd say bast. why spots and stripes though??

Comment

Well i know for a fact that the reds and yellows only go up to a certain standard and the large spots and stipes go up to superpro.

So i was wondering if the small spots & stripes went up to a higher quality than the reds and yellows do?

Or if there was a better quality spot and stripe avaliable?

Comment

Originally Posted by burwatchampion View Post
        Well i know for a fact that the reds and yellows only go up to a certain standard and the large spots and stipes go up to superpro.

So i was wondering if the small spots & stripes went up to a higher quality than the reds and yellows do?

Or if there was a better quality spot and stripe avaliable?
        Aramith are recognised as the best:

http://www.thurston.co.uk/Pages/Prod...D=3736-S&page= will see you right for red/yellow 8-ball.

http://www.thurston.co.uk/Pages/Prod...ID=A4430&page= should take care of your Spots/Stripes 8-ball/9-ball needs.

Read why Aramith are the best here:

http://www.saluc.com/html/billiard/index.php

From what I've been told, don't touch SuperPro (their chalk is absolutely terrible for example - and I speak from experience as far as that's concerned) or any other ball make. Aramith look better, play better and last longer, so it's worth paying a little extra. SuperPro is merely a brand name and isn't a reflection of the product quality.
        Last edited by DavisFan76; 12 January 2009, 03:40 PM.
        Mobo: GA-P35-S3
        CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2Ghz
        GPU: ATI EAH4850 512mb DDR3
        RAM: Kingston 2.Gb 240pin DDR2 PC667Mhz PC5300
        Sound: Audigy 4

Comment

Sound advice from DavisFan here
          “There are a lot of good players capable of winning the title but as long as I’m still in it they’ve got a headache.” Stephen Hendry

Comment

Originally Posted by submarine View Post
            Sound advice from DavisFan here
            I made the mistake of settling for the SuperPro chalk that came with the table and not only does it mark the balls up something rotten, you can hardly get any spin at all with it! I tried Triangle (Green) and on my first screw back attempt, the ball sprang back at me as though it had the fright of its life!

Comment

I got a BCE accessory pack from one of mates for Christmas consisting of tips, superpro chalk, magnetic chalk holder, tip-shaper, clamp, adhesive and cue cloth. The flat tips and suparo chalk went straight in the bin. Surprised BCE send out such rubbish, they must know it's crap.
              “There are a lot of good players capable of winning the title but as long as I’m still in it they’ve got a headache.” Stephen Hendry

Comment

Originally Posted by submarine View Post
                I got a BCE accessory pack from one of mates for Christmas consisting of tips, superpro chalk, magnetic chalk holder, tip-shaper, clamp, adhesive and cue cloth. The flat tips and suparo chalk went straight in the bin. Surprised BCE send out such rubbish, they must know it's crap.
                Agreed, they should really try to keep to the high standards that made them what they are! Personally, I think it was an error to diversify and start making football/hockey tables as well, they should give snooker the priority, because that's what made them the name they are today. I would've stuck with their old logo as well:

Edit: Strange, the 'insert image' button seems to have done a disappearing act.

Comment

Originally Posted by burwatchampion View Post
                  Hi all what are the best english 8ball (2") spots and stripes you can buy?

The best ive found are aramith premier.

If you know of better 2" balls where can i buy them?
                  I use Aramith Premier my mate has standard I think premier are better. More shine for longer!
                  Never found anything as good as Aramith.

Comment

Aramith Premier are the best 8 balls you can get in spot and stripes.
                    Justin - The Cue Store - Handmade and Bespoke Cues, Bespoke Fibreglass Cue Cases, Accessories.
                    Website - The Cue Store - E-mail - sales@thecuestore.co.uk - Tel - 01892 882787
                    Skype - thecuestore1 - Whatsapp - 07810 635004
                    Facebook - Like The Cue Store - Twitter - Follow The Cue Store

Comment

Was going to add to replace a set or reds and yellows.

Was also going to send you a PM but from reason I can't due to not having permission, if you want to e-mail me about a set I would b more then willing to help you.

My e-mail j.anderson@baizeltd.com
                      Justin - The Cue Store - Handmade and Bespoke Cues, Bespoke Fibreglass Cue Cases, Accessories.
                      Website - The Cue Store - E-mail - sales@thecuestore.co.uk - Tel - 01892 882787
                      Skype - thecuestore1 - Whatsapp - 07810 635004
                      Facebook - Like The Cue Store - Twitter - Follow The Cue Store

Comment

Originally Posted by JazzyJust View Post
                        Aramith Premier are the best 8 balls you can get in spot and stripes.
                        And snooker, UK 8-ball, billiards and any other cue sport you can think of. They're used by the pros, so there can't be any others worth thinking about. They're not too expensive either, at least, not at my size (1 7/8).

Comment

Working...
                        X