No announcement yet.

Brexit, in or out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's wy Murray is so succesful, he's a great player but he plays his upstroke through his legs and he's fantastic at it. Hits with so much power and spin to bring it in to court.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      Your Dad sure has coached some awesome cheesemakers, he must feel blessed.
      My dad might have a few years left Got antitrypsin deficiency. Sad to see but he's done a lot whilst he could.

Comment

• My dad being from a person that used to react to a serve and hit it past them, to hardly being able to get a perfect second serve with topsin, to not not being able to play tennis at all, to not being able to play snooker, then not having enough energy to play golf. It's hard to watch. All he liked was sports

Comment

• Just sent im a birthday card, might be the last I can send him. Everytime he has a cold he has antibiotics and steroids. It's give and take he can make it.

Comment

• When I was in Bulgaria i made decent mates with a civil engineer who used to be a pro volleyball player. i couldn't hit the ball past him, he was so rock solid. When you thought he had an easy backhand and your out of position he'd make you run like f*ck, Quality tennis player. He actually took up the sport and taught a few young lads. I never played them but they beat him like 6-4 and they were taken up by the national tennis system. If you could beat that lad at 14 you got to be special because I'm a decent player and he made me run my socks of for every point.

Comment

• I thought this would help show those who thought the social crisis is related to foreigners/free movement. This is the real reason for the normal jobs not paying so well, and is the reason why I pursue an interest as a career... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF4_TDbernA Brexit was a way of keeping division, keeping control in a society more split up than united, it's easier keeping people in check when they are in nation states warign against each other.

Comment

• Anyone seen this https://www.theguardian.com/politics...after-24-years What it'll mean for the majority of brits is our Island will become like a giant alcatraz, we'd be stuck here with few options (unless you are the elite), the rejection of human rights is going to make militarisation of the police easier. Then at the moment we already have chiefs of business earning higher than any other country in the EU, 50% higher than the disparity in Germany the country with the second highest difference between CEOs and the average wage. Brexiters have voted for a more American style corporate crackdown on public services, we'll see greater disparities set up with even greater proportions going to chief execs and the possible privatisation of the healthcare. 52% of idiots have voted for this when they are the ones to lose the most, how thick are brits? It's a real question, why vote for cutbacks and the loss of civil liberties when automation and technology is what is stealing wages away? Surely brexiters realise they have made things worse, worse, worse?

Comment

• Her circumstances are unfortunate...

Bit naïve for her to not have secured her future in the UK after 24 years.

She found an 85 page application form too much work for her? The arrogance of that decision has bit her in the backside. Shame x

Comment

• To be honest, you've turned the thread into an echo chamber, because nobody believes any longer that you're interested in a discussion, merely hectoring.

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                      Bit naïve for her to not have secured her future in the UK after 24 years.
                      Well technically she still has a secure future until such time as our lords and masters decide to expel EU nationals, which seems highly unlikely.

Comment

• She wouldn't have thought it was even necessary, what we're talking about here is a ladies and her childrens lives, and this is what brexit is about, people. People won't have the opportunities as before or the freedoms, brits will lose out more than everyone else. Poles can go to Germany for better wages, Estonians can go to Greece for better climate. What 'freedoms' will we be afforded if immigration is refused? Going from Grimsby to Bournemouth.....If I was her I would take my children and family to continental Europe as I'm sure many have done

Comment

• To be honest, you've turned the thread into an echo chamber, because nobody believes any longer that you're interested in a discussion, merely hectoring.
                          I'm still pissing myself at the 'talking to yourself comment on the other thread'

Zero sympathy for her... Someone with her circumstance should have known the law inside out... Does no one take responsibility for their own actions anymore? No culpability anywhere?

So entitled are we?

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                            I'm still pissing myself at the 'talking to yourself comment on the other thread'

Zero sympathy for her... Someone with her circumstance should have known the law inside out... Does no one take responsibility for their own actions anymore? No culpability anywhere?

So entitled are we?
                            So what if we haven't yet made our move, not been in the position to make the citizenship applications? I don't find the issue that much of a joke myself, and I'm sure that woman with a a few children doesn't either. The position has changed unexpectedly, is it her fault for keeping her original passport? It's crass to think like that....

Comment

• She wouldn't have thought it was even necessary, what we're talking about here is a ladies and her childrens lives, and this is what brexit is about, people.
                              Not my lady and not my children, so why on Earth should I care? To appear politically correct and open minded?

No thanks, I've got enough on my plate worrying about my own family... who love me and think I'm handsome[QUOTE]

People won't have the opportunities as before or the freedoms, brits will lose out more than everyone else. Poles can go to Germany for better wages, Estonians can go to Greece for better climate.
                              Blanket statement, I've just had a pay rise... The fewer Eastern European cab drivers, the more trade for me and the more pound notes in my pocket

What 'freedoms' will we be afforded if immigration is refused? Going from Grimsby to Bournemouth.....If I was her I would take my children and family to continental Europe as I'm sure many have done
                              Well, stick it in a letter and send it to her... As she never thought to apply for citizenship in 24 years, I wouldn't be surprised if the careless lady hadn't considered that option... She's probably just crying outside her local council house 24/7

Comment

• So what if we haven't yet made our move, not been in the position to make the citizenship applications? I don't find the issue that much of a joke myself, and I'm sure that woman with a a few children doesn't either. The position has changed unexpectedly, is it her fault for keeping her original passport? It's crass to think like that....
                                We knew about the referendum well ahead of the vote... Yes, it's her fault... Exclusively her fault.

If she knew her house was about to be flooded and decided to lay on the floor, would you blame Poseidon?

Comment

Working...
                                X