Brexit, in or out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    As for brexit if we vote out what is to stop the EU putting the same tariffs as they do for the USA on cars made in the uk? they might not be British owned but we still have around a million jobs dependent on the industry that could all end up in Poland! For sure if I were German or french that would be my first action on the Uk leaving.
    And if we do the same to their cars? Where does that leave everyone, this just won't happen, big corporations are about making money, not making it harder to make money. We buy many more cars from them than they do from us.
    Cutting your nose to spite your face isn't how it works, jeez they sell arms to some of the worst human beings on the planet just to make a dollar, there are no principles when it comes to making money.
    Last edited by itsnoteasy; 3 June 2016, 09:02 AM.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• 60 fisherman boats will be making a statement by crushing down the Thames on the 15 or 16 th of June to show their anger at the fishing rules implemented by EU fishery policies
      Last edited by Leo; 3 June 2016, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Just a slight musical interlude, song title relevant to the thread

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
          3.5 seconds? Shiiiiit.
          If you have a need for speed then get a motorbike rather than nancying about in cars, nothing like it for sharpening your senses.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
            Just a slight musical interlude, song title relevant to the thread

It would've done if it wouldn't of already been posted a few threads back.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
              If you have a need for speed then get a motorbike rather than nancying about in cars, nothing like it for sharpening your senses.

Bikes are great untill you come off one, when it's raining that hard you can't keep your visor clear and the road bends one way but you go straight on and into a hedge, and you end up with the bike on one side and you on the other lol,luckily the bike was ok and I carried on very much shaken but unhurt.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                It would've done if it wouldn't of already been posted a few threads back.

Ohhhh Shhooooooot, its already been posted, I didnt know ...... *Facepalms himself*

Comment

• Those of you who say there won't be any tariffs if Britain leaves the EU then just look at a bit of history. Politicians will do whatever it takes to stay in power and they will impose tariffs on foreign goods 'because we had to protect our industry and worker's jobs'. Then the EU and other countries will impose tariffs on UK goods in retaliation.

It's happened before over and over again. Even recently between Canada and US where Canada insisted the US was subsidizing timber so Canada imposed a tariff on US lumber and it went to some Free Trade Pact court body. It will happen because politicians are really, really stupid and have never paid any attention to history and just concentrate on what will keep them in power.
                  Last edited by Terry Davidson; 5 June 2016, 01:11 PM.
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Come on any imposition of EU tariffs on UK manufactured goods would result in plant closures is a complete fallacy, It is accepted that there will be some job losses in the sectors affected, but these would be limited! It would not make any economic sense for large scale manufacturers (assuming that they enjoy some form of optimal efficiency) as the cost of relocation into the EU would make such a move prohibitive, as would the loss of experienced and skilled workers, who could not reasonably be expected to relocate overseas, especially when their skills would be placed in demand by other manufacturers within the UK. Delays brought about by the establishment of a new plant within the EU, hiring and training of new staff, plus the negotiations of new contracts with suppliers would take many months, if not years, and result in a vast loss of market share and brand recognition.
                    You are extremely naive if you think the French and Germans will not use the situation to their advantage.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      You are extremely naive if you think the French and Germans will not use the situation to their advantage.
                      Thought I would be if it didn't suit your agenda, I'm not the naive one. It would be absolute bonkers and you know it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        Bikes are great untill you come off one, when it's raining that hard you can't keep your visor clear and the road bends one way but you go straight on and into a hedge, and you end up with the bike on one side and you on the other lol,luckily the bike was ok and I carried on very much shaken but unhurt.
                        Sorry to hear of your hedge exploits, but when raining that bleeding hard you are meant to slow down to at least 90 😅

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Sorry to hear of your hedge exploits, but when raining that bleeding hard you are meant to slow down to at least 90 ��
                          To be fair I think I only got away with it as I knew the bend was somewhere, just not there lol, so I had slowed down ,well a bit

Comment

Thought I would be if it didn't suit your agenda, I'm not the naive one. It would be absolute bonkers and you know it.
                            I don't agree, I would think putting import tax on anything made in the UK would be an extremely sensible approach on a number of fronts, Firstly why not? secondly it would encourage other people not to break away, thirdly you can boost your own home grown products legally by doing this.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                              Learn to speak english and live like the rest of us; fit in, integrate, play football and cricket and snooker, go down the pub for a pint on a friday night.
                              I don't do any of those besides speak English!

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                                I don't do any of those besides speak English!
                                lol - classy post -

Comment

Working...
                                X