Brexit, in or out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
    So "ungrateful, lily-livered ginger saddos" is OK?
    not really, but nobody has complained about that!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
      not really, but nobody has complained about that!
      If somebody really has complained about the word gayness then Brexit is the least of our worries, no idea who it is but my god they need to get out more (shakes head in disbelief)
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
        If somebody really has complained about the word gayness then Brexit is the least of our worries, no idea who it is but my god they need to get out more (shakes head in disbelief)
        You would be amazed at what people will complain about - that one is more rational than most!

Comment

You would be amazed at what people will complain about - that one is more rational than most!
          There's nothing rational about getting upset about the word 'gayness'
          The next thing for people like that is a visit from the men in white coats and to be honest it would be for the best

Wibble

Comment

There's nothing rational about getting upset about the word 'gayness'
            The next thing for people like that is a visit from the men in white coats and to be honest it would be for the best
            I don't agree, it is meant as an insult, it is derogatory to 10% of the population. Are to accept pakiness maybe?

Comment

Whilst I find your point interesting, I don't agree, but more importantly I am going to have to point out that the use of the word 'gayness' in the context clearly does not mean happy and is a no no, any viewpoint is valid but I can't let that go ok. Please don't make me start banning people I don't want to do that, I enjoy healthy debate but that is not on.
              Gay = lame. Language evolves. Once happy, then homosexual, now lame.

Freedom of speech is always the first to go.

Comment

I don't agree, it is meant as an insult, it is derogatory to 10% of the population. Are to accept pakiness maybe?
                Don't be ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
                  Just out of curiosity you had a referendum to leave the eu did you have one when you joined the eu or was this forced on the people by your pollies
                  The Prime Minister of the da was Ted Heath, and like Thatcher, he believed parliament was sovereign(which is true) so a referendum was only unnecessary but positively damaging as it undermined parliament.

We ended up having a referendum in 75 because the Labour opposition had been railing against the Common Market, while the Tories began their traition of civil war over Europe. It was remarkably similar to the referendum we had this time, except perhaps a little more statemanlike in its conduct, and the media was universally pro Europe at the time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                    Don't be ridiculous.
                    Intent and context is important here. Gay meant something quite different a hundred years ago, it meant someone who was a bit wussy, sort of foppish. Then adopted as an insult or term for homosexuality. Is it offensive now? I would say sometimes, sometimes not though the bigoted tend to use far nastier terms in their hate of LH. I have used it to refer to some straight people I know in the sense that they (both male and female) aren't manning up/womaning up, I have not meant that they act in a way which would be homosexual or from someone who was homosexual. The LH folk I know are anything but gay IME, holding down great jobs, houses and never scared to muck out a stable, or do some DIY. They are very real. But some straight friends are terribly gay, preferring the sofa, wine and ponsing about in an entitled way. A lesbian friend regularly accuses people (men and women) of being totally gay! She simply means they can't carry a load and get the job done (she's an offshore engineer by trade).

The old definition of gay is to be light hearted and carefree. The word is rarely used to mean that now. So it is an insult unless you use the word that way. Except for me because I do use the word that way. Innocent! Some folk have looked at me in surprise and I've had to explain that I use the word the old way, the description that was apt in the roaring 20s when a lot of people were gay, regardless of sexual orientation. Unfortunately, most folk do use it as an insult and they should be ashamed (I am not accusing you here), and should get a life.

Folk who are anti-LH usually express bigoted views on race as well. So one can read their posts and work out if they use terms like gay in an insulting way or simply as a non-insulting description.
                    Last edited by Big Splash!; 1 July 2016, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Sorry to be random but what do you reckon to the U.S. allowing Transgender soldiers now ?
                      Do you think other countries will follow

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                        Sorry to be random but what do you reckon to the U.S. allowing Transgender soldiers now ?
                        Do you think other countries will follow
                        I don't think high heels on the battlefield will work. If they can carry a rifle, shoot accurately and do the platoon morale thing well, I have no problem. But I'm amazed that anyone who thinks outside the box (ahem) as TG obviously do, wants to join the forces for a life of non-thinking and boredom anyway. Fatigues ain't exactly high fashion. But maybe ladies going the other way, wanting something masculine may find it in an army life, perhaps it would suit. Anyone signing up is volunteering to be politician's/vested interest tool. If all the world refused to serve................
                        Last edited by Big Splash!; 1 July 2016, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                          I don't think high heels on the battlefield will work. If they can carry a rifle, shoot accurately and do the platoon morale thing well, I have no problem. But I'm amazed that anyone who thinks outside the box (ahem) as TG obviously do, wants to join the forces for a life of non-thinking and boredom anyway. Fatigues ain't exactly high fashion. But maybe ladies going the other way, wanting something masculine may find it in an army life, perhaps it would suit. Anyone signing up is volunteering to be politician's/vested interest tool. If all the world refused to serve................
                          Ha, its an interesting concept for sure.
                          Now lets say that some TG troops go over to Afghanistan, its known that some of the men there are kinda curious of things like that.
                          New war tactic maybe ???

Comment

Lol what??

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                              Gay = lame. Language evolves. Once happy, then homosexual, now lame.

Freedom of speech is always the first to go.
                              Thank you some common sense

Wibble

Comment

Lol what??
                                Haha, I'm not the only one bemused by that then

Comment

Working...
                                X