No announcement yet.

Brexit, in or out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The military is subconsciously gay, always has been, goes way back to the ancient greeks and spartans when it was out in the open.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
      The military is subconsciously gay, always has been, goes way back to the ancient greeks and spartans when it was out in the open.

You stupid boy
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
        The military is subconsciously gay, always has been, goes way back to the ancient greeks and spartans when it was out in the open.

I've Already done that one. Do keep up.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
          Threatened to knock ADR out!
          nothing to do with me fella. I was busy in the corner shaking with fear...
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Just been told Farage quits as UKIP leader, wonder if he will be back in a few hours like last time.
            On the referendum , because the result is just advisory, does anyone know if it has to go through a vote in parliament to give it authority to stand? Does the queen have to sign it off to make it a lawful or legal statute, or something along those lines? Can a government push through or just bypass parliament and implement an advisory vote?
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              Just been told Farage quits as UKIP leader, wonder if he will be back in a few hours like last time.
              On the referendum , because the result is just advisory, does anyone know if it has to go through a vote in parliament to give it authority to stand? Does the queen have to sign it off to make it a lawful or legal statute, or something along those lines? Can a government push through or just bypass parliament and implement an advisory vote?
              I've read that it has to be passed in Parliament before Article 50 can be invoked. So I guess there is the option to have it defeated in Parliament.

Nigel says his job is done but I don't think it's finished until Article 50 has been submitted to the EU, however that has to happen.
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Forgot to add...VMAX4STEVE IS REALLY OFF TRACK! I can say for certain I am not subconsciously gay after spending over 20 years in the military.

I was going to say pillock but wasn't sure if I'd get banned.
                Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  Just been told Farage quits as UKIP leader, wonder if he will be back in a few hours like last time.
                  On the referendum , because the result is just advisory, does anyone know if it has to go through a vote in parliament to give it authority to stand??
                  No, any more than we did in '75 - the government chooses to obey the result and takes the appropriate action - this would be either by triggering article 50 repealing the European Communities Act etc.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                    Forgot to add...VMAX4STEVE IS REALLY OFF TRACK!
                    This is the guy who said the three-day week wasn't too bad - I assumed a long time ago he occupied a different reality to many of us. But then a series of posts confusing transgender with gay suggest the thread has fallen back on comedy stereotypes rather than people's actual informed opinion!

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                      No, any more than we did in '75 - the government chooses to obey the result and takes the appropriate action - this would be either by triggering article 50 repealing the European Communities Act etc.
                      But triggering article 50 wipes out legislation,from the EU that has become law in this country( work time directives, pay structures etc etc)that will have to be done with legislation ( to change laws you need new laws)through our parliament, a government just can't decide to do it, especially just off the back of an advisory referendum, otherwise any government who was elected as euro sceptic could just have triggered it at a whim, that's why I think it may have to go through parliament.
                      They will probably find a loophole but I feel it may be incorrect what is going to happen.
                      Also I don't think you can repeal anything without it going through both chambers, can you?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                        Forgot to add...VMAX4STEVE IS REALLY OFF TRACK! I can say for certain I am not subconsciously gay after spending over 20 years in the military.

I was going to say pillock but wasn't sure if I'd get banned.
                        I'm glad you didn't say it Terry, can't have the main man put on the naughty step.

Comment

• You were in the navy tel - aren't they worse love?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            You were in the navy tel - aren't they worse love?
                            Only in your mind. Girl in every port sort of thing
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

• Anyway, let's get back to Brexit as there seems to be a lot happening around it according to my FB
                              Terry Davidson

Comment

• I like Blair's idea. Let's see where we're at in six months, if the ref really has given the economy a tanking, then maybe we can have some more polls and test how people feel then. Ref 2 being a possibility then. May ain't gonna take it to Parliament until next year, so no rush. Before that, we need a GE anyway, as this govt. will change the manifesto to something that people did not vote on at the last GE. And we'll have a new cabinet and PM, that the people didn't elect (few bother electing an MP rather than voting for a party in reality).

Comment

Working...
                                X