X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thai_son22
    replied
    Well funny thing is the extension i got for Narl Robert said it would fit on the hunt and oybrne cue saying he had a female telescopic and a original one. I got the telescopic for Narl and before I sent it, tried it on my cue and it fit perfectly.

If his joint has been tweaked how can it fit my cue and also the original hunt and obyrne

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Osbornes joints are different from H & O joints . What Robert told me was that he changed them slightly , not made by the same person that made them for H & O .

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Yes , but there is a difference between them . They have been tweaked over the years .
    Makes me wonder about the cue i have that was sent to Mike for repairs, it has the chunky joint yet it only partially fits into an osborne extension...i have an original wooden extension that i'll try it in when i get it back. Originally i thought it was real, then a replica when it didn't fit the osborne extension, now i'm not so sure.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Yes , but there is a difference between them . They have been tweaked over the years .

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    I bet none of the 30 year old cues are 3/4 ..........where would he get the joints from ?
    Doesn't Osborne still use the chunky joints on his 3/4 ?

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    I bet none of the 30 year old cues are 3/4 ..........where would he get the joints from ?

Leave a comment:

• Triedandtested
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Shocking behavior, i have reported it, everyone should do likewise, altho ebay won't care when they see they made £230 commission last time !
    Would be very disappointing if someone of will hunt's stature would pull a trick like this, if the cue is, not as he's described.

This being the only snooker forum I'm sure he'd feel it in his pocket in long term.

Leave a comment:

• qc2
    replied
    Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
    Easy enough it seems Neil.

Edit: just a little colouring in oil or wax I should imagine.
    and without butt joints they're even cheaper at cost

Leave a comment:

• TooDark
    replied
    Shocking behavior, i have reported it, everyone should do likewise, altho ebay won't care when they see they made £230 commission last time !
    Of course and so true!

Leave a comment:

• TooDark
    replied
    Ummm.....not sure . How easy is it to fake an old cue ??
    Easy enough it seems Neil.

Edit: just a little colouring in oil or wax I should imagine.

Leave a comment:

• TooDark
    replied
    Wow! Sounds like a truly dishonest guy whose obviously pushing his luck and has been found out!
    Well done guys and let's spread the word...if true.
    I know Stu at greenbaize sells a range of his cues and wonder what he thinks of this practice?

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Ummm.....not sure . How easy is it to fake an old cue ??

Leave a comment:

• justf
    replied
    Hunt known for naughtiness.
    Perhaps he getting these made then making claims that they are 30 years old and "found".
    Nice way to make a few grand.

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by Triedandtested View Post
    It's a different one.

Leave a comment:

• Triedandtested
    replied
    Same cue back up for sale ?
    Is this the one that sold for 2.3K a few weeks ago ??
    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322530604240
    It's a different one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X