Higgins matches wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higgins matches wanted

I am desperatley looking for footage to go with the rest of my collection. it's of Alex Higgins from the 1984 World Championship first round between Higgins v Foulds, 1987 World Championship second round, Higgins v Griffiths and 1988 World Championship Higgins v Drago, first round. I have asked Roger Lee and have scoured the internet but to no avail. if there is anyone who can help me in my quest i would very much appreciate it.
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Try this guy

steeky147@btinternet.com

He is/was an ebay seller of lots of pirated Higgins footage. Some of it rare. Ive bought several matches off him with no probs. I think its due to copyright issues he keeps having to change his ebay accounts.
    "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Yes i've tried steeky but doesn't have the footage i'm looking for. Called the BBC & they looked through their archive material & the only footage of the Higgins, Drago match at a cost of £500. Will take a rain check on that!

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
        Yes i've tried steeky but doesn't have the footage i'm looking for. Called the BBC & they looked through their archive material & the only footage of the Higgins, Drago match at a cost of £500. Will take a rain check on that!
        Wow, i dint know they did that. Thing is, if you found a number of Higgins fanatics and they clubbed in, they could share the cost.

Thered be at least a dozen on here i'd guess. Probably need more though.
        "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Yes not a bad idea at all. I would be quite happy to do that, but like you say it all depends if there would be enough interest from other 'Higgins' fans as to going ahead with it. Strange thing is though i was in touch with the BBC back in December of last year asking about some other Higgins material that i was interested in, & i was told it would cost me £500 per disc for this footage. Few days later i got an email back from the BBC library saying on this occasion they supply me with the footage for free of charge, & true to there word they did.

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

spike, just browsing some old threads and having noticed this of yours i'm really surprised. i've tried to contact the bbc before about requesting old embassy matches from the 1980s but haven't got anywhere with it. firstly, can't believe they actually quoted a price for them, and then even supplying them free of charge. pretty unlike the bbc in my experiences. have you had any more luck since? if so, would be good if you could give me the specific contact details of who to ask.

Comment

spike, i also knew of someone who had bought a lot of complete vhs tapes of world champs matches from the 1980s through the sheffield admag. unfortunately the guy who sold the items to him didn't retain any contact info so i never was able to track him down. these tapes might have included some of the higgins matches you were looking for. if i find out anything else about this, i'll let you know.

Comment

Im also interested in Alex Higgins footage, if anyone would care to share some, please let me know

Comment

I do fully realise that I am about to be bombarded with PM's and emails, but here goes anyway... I have on VHS every match Jimmy White played between 1988 and approx 2002 as well as every World Champs, Masters, UK, Grand Prix, British Open and any other tournament broadcast on terrestial TV during that period, plus some from later years 2004/5 etc... It's not all catalogued and there's some really rare stuff from the Fiat Snooker Pool challenge where Steve Mizerak play Steve Davis at 9 ball, 15 ball and snooker, plus some American Pool that more affleunt friends taped on Sky for me (not got it, never have...unlikely I ever will)

At some stage I will be selling the lot, but not yet as am too busy to sort out currently... This is a highly prized personal collection and yes there's some Alex Higgins in there, Steve Davis's 147 in the Lada Classic (1982 - my Dad taped this for me, bless him), Steve James, James Wattana (147 at British Open, 1992 if my memory serves). All the usual suspects, loads of Hendry - probably all of his matches 88 - 02... Willie Thorne, Dennis T. Alain Robidoux, Dene O'Kane all the old great players and the not so great.

Some years for the WC I virtually used to tape the lot!!! Likewise UK, Masters and Grand Prix...

So please fee free to register an interest on this thread, but like I say, there's something for everyone and my preference MAY be to sell the lot to someone who can transfer it all to modern technology....and let me have the first copy off the presses!!!
                  Last edited by snookerpoolman; 8 May 2012, 08:10 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

upping the lot to a torrent site would be the most beneficial to all, i hope u find someone for the job.

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerpoolman View Post
                      I do fully realise that I am about to be bombarded with PM's and emails, but here goes anyway... I have on VHS every match Jimmy White played between 1988 and approx 2002 as well as every World Champs, Masters, UK, Grand Prix, British Open and any other tournament broadcast on terrestial TV during that period, plus some from later years 2004/5 etc... It's not all catalogued and there's some really rare stuff from the Fiat Snooker Pool challenge where Steve Mizerak play Steve Davis at 9 ball, 15 ball and snooker, plus some American Pool that more affleunt friends taped on Sky for me (not got it, never have...unlikely I ever will)

At some stage I will be selling the lot, but not yet as am too busy to sort out currently... This is a highly prized personal collection and yes there's some Alex Higgins in there, Steve Davis's 147 in the Lada Classic (1982 - my Dad taped this for me, bless him), Steve James, James Wattana (147 at British Open, 1992 if my memory serves). All the usual suspects, loads of Hendry - probably all of his matches 88 - 02... Willie Thorne, Dennis T. Alain Robidoux, Dene O'Kane all the old great players and the not so great.

Some years for the WC I virtually used to tape the lot!!! Likewise UK, Masters and Grand Prix...

So please fee free to register an interest on this thread, but like I say, there's something for everyone and my preference MAY be to sell the lot to someone who can transfer it all to modern technology....and let me have the first copy off the presses!!!
                      HI I am looking for the 1997 World Snooker Champs Semis Finals match between Alain Robidoux and Ken Doherthy would you have it. if so email me at lennybilliards@aol.com thanks Leonard

Comment

Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post
                        HI I am looking for the 1997 World Snooker Champs Semis Finals match between Alain Robidoux and Ken Doherthy would you have it. if so email me at lennybilliards@aol.com thanks Leonard
                        HI I am enterested in matches of Alain Robidoux which matches do you have if so email me at lennybilliards@aol.com
                        Thanks Leonard

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerpoolman View Post

HI I am looking for matches of Alain Robidoux Kirk Stevens Cliff Thorburn Bpb Chaperon also looking for the World Snooker Champs 1997 Semis Finals between Alain Robidoux and Ken Doherthy would you have these matches if so you can email me at lennybilliards@aol.com thanks Leonard

Comment

Higgins matches wanted

The montrealer

I would be interested in Higgins, Davis & Hendry matches from that era.

If you posted some to me, I could catalogue the material and copy it onto DVD. You could then have the VHS tapes back (so you would not have to break up the collection) together with copies on DVD, marked up do that you know what you have got.

How does that sound?

Comment

Working...
                            X