Omin 'Special' Classic 3/4 Cue at Great Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by brendan147 View Post
    Well, I have no intention to argue with you, but it doesn't mean a cheap cue can't last longer. A friend to my friend was using the same cheap cue as mine for 10years before the cue get some cracked. My friend told me his friend didn't take good care of his cue (no cue case, no cue oil, no nothing). If he did, the CHEAP CUE would still survive now.

I think you misunderstood, I never imply that cheap cue don't last, my meaning was the probability of a more expensive or a cue from a more experienced cue maker
    lasting longer than a cheaper cue is higher for the simple reason that the timber are better prepared, better stress treatment of timber and by comparison you would have a smaller chance of a "seasoned timber" cue warping compared to its cheaper mass produced rivals...

clearly if you are lucky to get a 50 pounds cue that never warped, and a ferrule that have been fitted "properly", and all the joints and splicing are done right with the right glue, then there's no reason it won't last you a life time, but are you feeling lucky?

Comment

Originally Posted by lk8 View Post
      I think you misunderstood, I never imply that cheap cue don't last, my meaning was the probability of a more expensive or a cue from a more experienced cue maker
      lasting longer than a cheaper cue is higher for the simple reason that the timber are better prepared, better stress treatment of timber and by comparison you would have a smaller chance of a "seasoned timber" cue warping compared to its cheaper mass produced rivals...

clearly if you are lucky to get a 50 pounds cue that never warped, and a ferrule that have been fitted "properly", and all the joints and splicing are done right with the right glue, then there's no reason it won't last you a life time, but are you feeling lucky?
      Yes I do feel lucky....
      My cueing sucks

Comment

Before and After Custom Butt Re-work

Finished today. "Before" with plain ebony butt. "After" with Burl splice added on and new custom 'Perfect' badge. Flying to Canada tomorrow
        Last edited by unclevit; 6 January 2010, 12:30 AM.
        It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
          Finished today. "Before" with plain ebony butt. "After" with Burl splice added on and new custom 'Perfect' badge. Flying to Canada tomorrow

wow!!! don't i just love burl and snakewood.... (I'm drooling..... :O~~~) just amazing.....

Comment

2 more from Omin. Free Service stands for 5 days

Got in 2 more for your kind interest. If you want to invest in a good cue, consider this as next year price will go up some 15-20% due to higher cost of woods

Climax : 57in., 17.6 oz., Balance at 16", 9.8mm Tip, Butt 29mm. Asian Wood "MaRid", with nice many small arrows as pattern. Custom Climax Badge. Medium Weight Balance. SOLD. Thank you very much

Union : 57"., 17.4 oz., Balance at 18", 9.8mm Tip, Butt 29.5mm. Laos Burl Wood, Imported Maple & Ebony splices. Custom Union Badge. More Weight Forward Balance. SOLD. Thank you very much

Free Length adjustment. Offer stands for 5 days. Cues are sent back to showroom for private sales. May go in a few days.
            PM me for best costs and airdelivery.

Not that outstanding arrows/lines beauty, but the shafts are of the best playing quality. Finished Cues are 'cold temperature' tested, and they will last a very long time if properly cared of.

Another fine cues for a nice 'Christmas'.
            Last edited by unclevit; 6 January 2010, 12:30 AM.
            It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
            X