Omin 'Special' Classic 3/4 Cue at Great Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omin 'Special' Classic 3/4 Cue at Great Price

Visited Omin today. Got this beautiful 'Classic' model for those who love 'plenty of arrows' plain ebony butt cue. Never seen a cue like this for many months. Here are the details :
    1. 3/4 pc. 'Classic' Ebony Plain butt cue.
    2. 18 oz., 9.8-10mm Tip, 30mm Butt Dia., 57 inches, Balance at 18" from butt end. Stiff-Medium Action. Very solid cue.
    3. I counted 18 arrows on the shaft !!! with hard-to-see small reverse arrow near the Tip Ferrule. Omin playtested this cue, and complained to me that his people should have used this quality shaft on his hi-end custom cues, such as those in the version of 'Union' or higher.
    4. Black wood is ebony. I notice a light 'brown' woodmarks just 2 inches below the joint, on the left side. Natural brown woodmarks. Not that clearly visible. Rest of the butt is all black. Sorry my photography just not good enough. Reflections are from the outside light.
    5. I don't think you will see such a mismatch of Using beautiful arrows shaft on a Classic model again (unless you go for custom request which will cost a lot more in quote). This might be the last one produced by error (beautiful error)
    Net US$175 excluding aircost. (Simple few arrows already costs US$160)
    Aircost to Europe add US$65
    Aircost to Asia add US$35

This is a ready-made Perfect model. Will not adjust size/weight. For those who fancy 'Arrrowsssss'. Omin's usual Good Playing Quality Cue. Can change the cue tip to Omin's Tan Layered Tip as compliment. Ship in 3 days of purchase.

PM me if interest.

Many people are asking for butt/size alterations. Discussed with Omin's people and here is the service :
    1. Cut down total length, Reduce size of Butt, add US$15
    2. Adding 1-splice burl wood on the Butt (and white maple veneer underneathed), add US$25

For this 1 and 2 above, Free Omin's Chamois Shaft Cloth.
    Re-work and will ship in 4-5 days of purchase/payment.
    Tks for interest.
    Direct contact to me at : suvitc at gmail dot com
    Last edited by unclevit; 6 January 2010, 12:32 AM.
    It's in the Shaft

unclevit:

Looks like a good production cue. Too bad you've already shipped my other one as I would have had you add this one to save on the shipping costs. Not sure what air freight to North America is though.

I'm going to think about this one for a bit as I would likely re-sell it here

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Hi Unclevit~
      Desmond here.
      Nice cue there
      Hi Ho The Merry Yo, The Black Went In The Hole~ :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        unclevit:

Looks like a good production cue. Too bad you've already shipped my other one as I would have had you add this one to save on the shipping costs. Not sure what air freight to North America is though.

I'm going to think about this one for a bit as I would likely re-sell it here

Terry
        Terry : This cue was finished only yesterday. Same good quality shaft as your previous 'Perfect', simply with more arrows. Cost to Canada, tracking, arriving in 5 days, is about US$65 (cue only in a pvc hard tube, weight falls in the range of 2.0 kgs.)
        It's in the Shaft

Comment

Very very very very very nice cue...especially the shaft (loaaaaddddssss of arrows)...hope the shiny look of the cue is not caused by the "varnished" finishing...

The weight/length of the cue are just as same as my desired spec. I would have considering to buy this if the ferrule diameter is between 9.25mm-9.5mm and the butt diameter is 28mm(but they are not ). Again, what a nice cue...!!!

I have mails for you, Uncle. Check it out.
          Last edited by brendan147; 17 November 2009, 02:28 PM.
          My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by brendan147 View Post
            Very very very very very nice cue...especially the shaft (loaaaaddddssss of arrows)...hope the shiny look of the cue is not caused by the "varnished" finishing...

The weight/length of the cue are just as same as my desired spec. I would have considering to buy this if the ferrule diameter is between 9.25mm-9.5mm and the butt diameter is 28mm(but they are not ). Again, what a nice cue...!!!

Yes, brendan147. I never saw any cue with this many arrows for quite a very long time. Omin gave me a week for this cue, or else he will take it back as it will make a good money for him selling such a beauty. I did answer your mails, or I missed anything ? BTW, it's my poor photography. They are just reflections and the light brown woodmark on the side of the butt, below the joint, is not that easy to see
            Last edited by unclevit; 18 November 2009, 01:45 AM.
            It's in the Shaft

Comment

You could always buy this cue and take it to a cue maker to have it tapered to your butt diametre and tip size
              sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by Fisherboi View Post
                Hi Unclevit~
                Desmond here.
                Nice cue there
                Hi Desmond. Your cue will be another Omin's show piece, I am sure
                That barramundi is big, fought hard, and should be very delicious
                Last edited by unclevit; 18 November 2009, 01:48 AM.
                It's in the Shaft

Comment

I am interested in this cue, I don't know the steps to PM you, could you advise?
                  If possible thanks or PM me with your e-mail address and I will respond.

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                    You could always buy this cue and take it to a cue maker to have it tapered to your butt diametre and tip size
                    There are no cuemakers in my district, and very2 little expert in my country. I would have ask Unclevit send this cue to UT for alteration before he can send it to me, but that required so much work for him and extra cost. Well, I guess I have to "missed" this one right now. My current cue still give the best to me too. No hurry in this matter.
                    Last edited by brendan147; 18 November 2009, 06:04 AM.
                    My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by bob1 View Post
                      I am interested in this cue, I don't know the steps to PM you, could you advise?
                      If possible thanks or PM me with your e-mail address and I will respond.
                      e-mail him here: suvitc AT gmail DOT com
                      My cueing sucks

Comment

Thanks Brendan for the information

Comment

Originally Posted by bob1 View Post
                          Thanks Brendan for the information
                          I guess you didn't read his 1st post here very well. He did mention his e-mail there. Anyway, that's okay. My pleasure to help you. Be nice with Uncle. He is a SOLDIER
                          My cueing sucks

Comment

I guess you didn't read his 1st post here very well. He did mention his e-mail there. Anyway, that's okay. My pleasure to help you. Be nice with Uncle. He is a SOLDIER
                            brendan : No, not a soldier. Just an experienced civilian teaching special forces. Like a teacher in a college, but from text books to weapons, that's all. A very good teacher that will always allow his platoon to walk upfront all the times
                            It's in the Shaft

Comment

Cue Sold

Closed this best offer. The Cue is sold to a member...."M" from Canada. He can call it a very 'LIMITED Only-One Edition' easily, as such 18-arrows, almost evenly spaced, on a Grade AAA shaft will never show up again. And I took it right from Omin's hands
                              Last edited by unclevit; 18 November 2009, 07:06 AM. Reason: correct to proper grammar
                              It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
                              X