burrough and watt champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burrough and watt champion

hello looking for a burrought champion cue. i like a a cue around 17oz have bought a FEW NEW ONES .mike wooldridge- john parris ect ect but i find the 17 ounce new cues are not up yo the standard of the old 17oz cues. I had a burrought champion cue for 30 years till it got broken by a freak accident. any body out there got one for sale/ please let me know

17oz BurroughWatt Champion

I played with a BurWatt Champion back in the late 40's and early 50,s. Horace Lindrum autographed it when I played him around that time. Eventually it went for a walk!? Then bought a Ye Old Ash by BurWatts and used it for many years. Are these top cues they make now, really better than the old Burroughs and Watt cues were?

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
      I played with a BurWatt Champion back in the late 40's and early 50,s. Horace Lindrum autographed it when I played him around that time. Eventually it went for a walk!? Then bought a Ye Old Ash by BurWatts and used it for many years. Are these top cues they make now, really better than the old Burroughs and Watt cues were?

I personally do not think that any cue made nowadays can get anywhere near the feel , balance and quality of wood of a good old cue.
      :snooker:

Comment

dont bother they are to wippy for todays game you are better getting a replica made tony ions make very good replicas .

Comment

Originally Posted by sbsnooker View Post
          hello looking for a burrought champion cue. i like a a cue around 17oz have bought a FEW NEW ONES .mike wooldridge- john parris ect ect but i find the 17 ounce new cues are not up yo the standard of the old 17oz cues. I had a burrought champion cue for 30 years till it got broken by a freak accident. any body out there got one for sale/ please let me know
          hi bud
          I was talking to James Flaherty at the last points tournament in carlow and he had one with him,he had lent it to someone for a while and just got it back and he offerd to sell it to me,it was 58 inches long and 17.5 oz

Comment

Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
            I personally do not think that any cue made nowadays can get anywhere near the feel , balance and quality of wood of a good old cue.
            :snooker:
            I agree with you...Two or three have come close for me (hunt & OB) (Parris) (MAST) but if you do find a good Burwat champion one piece or any other antique that plays well (Tom newman etc) then these new cues pale by comparison and don't feel the same to me somehow.

Maybe we are just sentimental...:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by 1lawyer View Post
              I agree with you...Two or three have come close for me (hunt & OB) (Parris) (MAST) but if you do find a good Burwat champion one piece or any other antique that plays well (Tom newman etc) then these new cues pale by comparison and don't feel the same to me somehow.

Maybe we are just sentimental...:snooker:
              Yep sentimentalism for sure!
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Old cue collector --
              Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
              (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
              X