X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 final table

I was looking for snooker tables the otherday and came across this website

http://www.snooker-table.com/secondhand/

it says the 1985 finall table is for sale from them for around 12,000 pounds, but they have spelt steve davis wrong, infact they have even spelt it wrong on the plaque.

still a cool thought that such an awesome final might have been played on that table
    wooooooooo snookerrr

Did you email them and tell them they can't spell? I would question the autenticity of the table too.

Comment

Originally Posted by TheRowdyOne View Post
      Did you email them and tell them they can't spell? I would question the autenticity of the table too.
      i havent emailed them, i wanted to let the forum know, just incase they changed the 'spelling mistake' then no one would know.

it is a bit dojjy if u ask me
      wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

It said it was used during the 1985 World Championship. Used where? In a local club? At the Crucible? I think its very misleading especially seeing the plaque.
        TSF World Champion 2010
        TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
        BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

I just hope it’s that table.
          Somehow, all this reminds me of those old hotels in the States where George Washington is supposed to have slept – places that, according to real deal historians, the General+President couldn’t have visited....
          Winner of the 2009 UK Championship Lucky Dip
          Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest

Comment

It's like triggers broom if it is the table...

The pocket leather aint original 1980's style, the rest hanger looks different to the '85 table, cant see which end of the table the pic is of but if the pic is off the baulk end, the plaque must be over the BCE logo the other end....

EDIT.. the 'engraved' plaque is lower and in a different place to i first thought, and must be under the bce badge on baulk end, on closer inspection...

I dunno, if it is the table it don't seem very original, i mean if i was going to buy such a table, i would want it near as original as it was played on in the final...

I know tables need refurbing and pockets need re-doing now and then, but i would of thought it would be in original 'condition' if it was the '85 final table.......

I'm dubious on this 1 i tells ya... The spelling mistake is just...
            Last edited by cally; 6 February 2010, 07:41 PM.

Comment

At least the legs looks like those on the videos of the 1985 final.

Comment

I bet Steve Davis would not want it...for sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxrFaYdzs5k

:snooker: Dennis

Comment

Working...
                X