Old Snooker Magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    If these are Snooker Scene magazine I would be interested in all of 1987 and all of 1988 that you have. 21 issues?

If you aren't selling all of them as one lot that is.

Give me a price including postage to Canada and I can cover you via PayPal

(Reason is, they have on the last page a list of the top 100 amateurs in the UK and I'm on the list. Some people over here don't believe I played that well in the 80's taking into account the crap I'm shooting now!)

Terry
    Hi Terry, I'm looking at the October 1986 issue of Snooker Scene and you were sitting at 40

Jimmy MacNellan was at 65 and Jim Allan at 68. Martin Clark was out in front
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bigbreak; 27 May 2010, 04:40 PM.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is perhaps I have the wrong magazine? I remember it was a new one for the time and in the end it didn't last too long so maybe it wasn't Cue World at all and I'm certain it wasn't SnookerScene.

Does anyone remember there being another start-up snooker magazine around the '85 to '87 period.

Also, I believe I did cut out the article and put it in my scrapbook and I will try and find that musty old document today and see if I'm totally wrong about which magazine it was

Terry
      Terry,

Pot Gold was indeed the magazine you appeared in. Issue 3 April/May 1986 page 31. Cracking story! By the way, Pot Gold only ran for 3 issues before disappearing.

If you send me an email to

kmac147@gmail.com

I can scan it and send to you. Hope this helps.

Kenny

Comment

Ken Mackay or Kenny McIntosh or neither ?

Comment

Originally Posted by bigbreak View Post
          Hi Terry, I'm looking at the October 1986 issue of Snooker Scene and you were sitting at 40

Jimmy MacNellan was at 65 and Jim Allan at 68. Martin Clark was out in front
          Another member snookster , rob marshall was at no 11

Comment

Originally Posted by jaybee136 View Post
            Ken Mackay or Kenny McIntosh or neither ?
            Neither lol. MacPherson is the name!

Comment

Ok, just McIntosh and Mackay were pretty well known around the Scottish snooker circuit at that time, I worked for McIntosh in his club in Muirhead, he also had a table fitting company with Jimmy McNellan (Tumax)

Comment

the gloveman also on there

Comment

bigbreak:

May I ask a favour? Would you please scan that top 100 page as I can't print it from the site here and email it to 'terrydavidson (at) hsfx (dot) ca.

If you happen to have any later editions, I think I did get up to the dizzy heights of 33rd or 30th at one point and I would love to have a copy of that.

Thanks,
                  Terry
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

bigbreak:

May I ask a favour? Would you please scan that top 100 page as I can't print it from the site here and email it to 'terrydavidson (at) hsfx (dot) ca.

If you happen to have any later editions, I think I did get up to the dizzy heights of 33rd or 30th at one point and I would love to have a copy of that.

Thanks,
                    Terry
                    I'll do it later today Terry

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                      the gloveman also on there
                      Nigel Gilbert?

Comment

QMaster

How you doing Kenny.
                        Hope things are all going well up in the Granite City
                        www.sbandsa.co.uk

Comment

Originally Posted by terry davidson View Post
                          the only thing i can think of is perhaps i have the wrong magazine? I remember it was a new one for the time and in the end it didn't last too long so maybe it wasn't cue world at all and i'm certain it wasn't snookerscene.

Does anyone remember there being another start-up snooker magazine around the '85 to '87 period.

Also, i believe i did cut out the article and put it in my scrapbook and i will try and find that musty old document today and see if i'm totally wrong about which magazine it was

terry
                          hi terry i have a copy of snooker magazine june 1986 you were ranked 70 with ranking points of 377 and the leader at that time was steve james with 1905 points

also in the snooker magazine oct 1986 you were ranked 40 th with ranking points of 541 and the leading man at the time was martin clark with points of 1960

i can scan both issues and can bring them to the canadian snooker champs in june 2010 at shooters

cheers leonard from montreal quebec canada

Comment

Thanks Leonard. I already have the one where I'm #40 and I think Kenny may send me one of the ones where I'm ranked in the 30's somewhere, #33 I think.

Terry
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Thanks Leonard. I already have the one where I'm #40 and I think Kenny may send me one of the ones where I'm ranked in the 30's somewhere, #33 I think.

Terry
                              HI TERRY Further to my message found it in the Snooker Scene Magazine February 1987 you were ranked 32 with ranking points of 623 points with the Leader Gary Wilkinson with points 1978 points

If you want can make you a copy and can give it to you at the Canadian Snooker Champs 2010 in Toronto in June 2010

Cheers Leonard

Comment

Memory

There was also "Pot Black" magazine around back then.

I still have a few kicking around the attic.
                                www.sbandsa.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X