John parris cue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay John parris cue.

hi, a friend of mine is selling his john parris cue, he hardly plays at all anymore and the cue needs a good home.

i think it's an old mannock that was repaired by parris some time ago, and the finish on it is probably the best i've ever seen to be fair.

personally i've never been a massive fan of john parris cues, but this one's changed my mind.

the specs are -

length - 57 inches.

weight - 18.7 oz.

tip - 9 mm.

£400.

1 piece, aged maple shaft, ebony with another 4 splices of another wood i'm not sure of?

here's some pics -

thanks
    Last edited by the_paz; 22 September 2010, 04:07 PM.

just added some pics.

Comment

looks like a nice cue, but not an old mannock as they have machine spliced butts to the shaft

Comment

it is a stunning cue, and honestly not just saying that, cant believe there's not been more interest in it to be honest.

if you could see it up close you'd buy it straight away. i'd buy it if i could afford it!

not all mannocks are machine spliced to the shaft though, in fact most i've seen have been hand spliced thinking about it.....

Comment

due to a lack of interest on here (very bizarre considering the cue's different class) it'll be going on ebay sunday.

preparing myself now for a million and one questions asking me to ship to god knows where lol.

Comment

Defo not a mannock....

http://thecueguru.weebly.com/jp-mannock.html
            Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Looks more like a B&W Eureka,,,

http://thecueguru.weebly.com/burroughes--watts.html
              Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

hmm yeah could be?

maybe i should put it on ebay doing a fedia lol. made for hendry blah blah blah.

£1,500 buy it now eh lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by the_paz View Post
                  it is a stunning cue, and honestly not just saying that, cant believe there's not been more interest in it to be honest.

if you could see it up close you'd buy it straight away. i'd buy it if i could afford it!

not all mannocks are machine spliced to the shaft though, in fact most i've seen have been hand spliced thinking about it.....
                  i have never seen a hand spliced mannock the top splices are always machine spliced then the bottom ones handspliced. as anyone else seen a genuine hand spliced mannock ie all the splices not just the bottom ones ?

Comment

i'm sure there's one in warren 132's post above that's handspliced?

there's also an old player round our way called roy mountjoy (cousin of doug) that uses a very old mannock antigrip cue that's handspliced up the top.

but as i say the cue's not mine, only selling it for a friend that no longer plays.

he says he cant remember what badge was originally on it but parris was more than happy to put his on there lol.....

Comment

It looks more like an old maple and ebony cue that jp has put four splices onto the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                      X