1-piece Maple - must be solid hitting!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
    Yep. Well, with ash and what I know of cues, a straight or pro pool taper (straight and then parallel) has too much flex while a british taper (conical) is what "pro's" use.
    Not sure why you believe the pros play with a "conical" taper...

If by "British taper" you mean taper(s) used by various makers in Britian, then I guess since most pros are playing with a British made snooker cue they have to be using a "British taper." But the tapers used by different cue makers are different, and they all feature a curvature, some are less profound than others.

For example, a Tony Wilshaw and a Northwest (both British cues) feature very different tapers.

Flexibility is not necessarily a bad thing, and it is not determined only by the curvature in the first few inches of a shaft.
    Last edited by poolqjunkie; 30 September 2010, 11:39 AM.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Hmm... so then the next question is: what makes a cue play well? Is it the taper? the timber? the joint (or lack of)? or is it something else that can't be explained?

I played with a Tom Gauthier cue for a few months and found that it provided power, incredible accuracy (was easy to pot balls and I missed less), and had the ability to put a lot of "action" on the white.

Confused
      Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
      My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Well my friend......you have just described the perfect cue for you!! I hope that you still have the Tom Gauthier cue, why would you ever sell a cue that gave you everything that you wanted?

Oldgit

Hmm... so then the next question is: what makes a cue play well? Is it the taper? the timber? the joint (or lack of)? or is it something else that can't be explained?

I played with a Tom Gauthier cue for a few months and found that it provided power, incredible accuracy (was easy to pot balls and I missed less), and had the ability to put a lot of "action" on the white.

Confused
        'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Confused
          If it was so wonderful why are you looking for another cue?
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

The old Tom Gauthier was ash to begin with. I have used maple for several years now and perhaps it's mental but i don't believe ash has the same playing characteristics or is as predictable as maple.

The Gauthier cue was also a tad too thick in the butt and I didn't really want to venture into having work done to an as original Tom Gauthier cue (would decrease it's value), so I decided to sell it instead.
            Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
            My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Working...
            X