dave coutts cue for sale !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
    That TW did look like it was made with many different woods in that picture. I remember you had a MW before with ash and ebony butt splice which totally blew my mind away. I heard Mike had to pull out all his hair to get that done right.
    On a serious note, I like your taste in cues and of course cases. I love how the butt was rounded, too.
    Let me guess, you do like something perhaps just a little bit out of the ordinary in your cues, do you?
    Good stuff.
    Yes the wooldridge cue was unique ! i dont know how hard it was to make, but i know mike didnt fancy doing another one !
    i do like things a little different, and the rounded butt is down to mikes cues, with me holding on to the butt the way i do it just feels better !

Comment

Hi there. Maple one piece is what I'm looking for!

I don't know what a DC cue is worth tho. Send me a PM and let me know what you would ask including shipping to Vancouver, Canada.

Thanks!
      Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
      My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
        Hi there. Maple one piece is what I'm looking for!

I don't know what a DC cue is worth tho. Send me a PM and let me know what you would ask including shipping to Vancouver, Canada.

Thanks!
        thelongbomber, I don't know if you paid attention to the specs of the cue, but here they are:

length - 57"
        weight - 17.3oz
        tip/ferrule 8.6mm
        butt diamiter - 29mm
        balance point - 17"

I don't think this cue would be suitable for you given the specs you're looking for. This cue was made for UK 8ball, not snooker, and if you were to alter it to snooker specs, either you'd find yourself with a 56.5" cue, or you'd need to get it lengthened by some means (generally expensive!).

I hope this helps,
        Keith
        Last edited by KeithinFrance; 3 October 2010, 01:16 PM.
        Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by oscarthegrouch View Post
          Hey salt n viniger your cue cases are really nice.
          salt and vinegar ? its been about 20 years since i had that one, and ive got 3 kids ! but still a whole lot better than the names my misses calls me eh.

Comment

A bit off topic, and you dont have to answer if you dont want to.
            I hope you dont mind me asking you this. If you feel that it is inappropriate, please accept my apology.
            My question is: how would you compare your case to a Stamford case?
            Thank you.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I don't know if Crispian has seen this or not, and if he has if he'd be willing to answer or not, but I have and will as I've had cases from both makers.

First off, both artisans make fantastic quality cases. The quality of the leather used, the suede lining, the choice of colours available, the straps and hinges used by both are all first class materials. The attention to detail and customer specifications are also first class. The prices are very similar, with Crispian being a little less expensive for a product of similar complexity. Crispian's cases are easier to access as he doesn't use straps, only hinges, which I feel is a plus, but others perhaps won't. Both Stamford and North Wales Cases are the best cases you can buy. There is very little difference between them, but if I had to I'd give the edge to Crispian because of the quality of his finishing. The ends of his cases are rounded, not squared off, and yet he manages to have the cleanest of edges with not a wrinkle line in site. He has the cleanest of lines on all his cases, they look racy, as if they've been in a wind-tunnel, and this gives him an edge in looks too. Everything about his cases is calculated to be harmonious, down to the placement, millimeter-perfect, of the hinges without looking fussy. His handles are extra-large which makes them very ergonomic and hugely comfortable. Last, but not least, his cases are very light - this is unusual for a top-quality leather case, and appreciable, especially for someone who has difficulties walking like me - if you're a body-builder type then it's probably not so important.

If you're looking for a top-of-the-line leather case, then you can go to either of these makers and you'll be ecstatic with the work they do, but, IMO, the best of the best is North Wales Cases.

Hope this helps, Airin.
              Keith
              Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

I have never seen a Stamford case, so cannot comment on them. Must agree with KeithinFrance on the quality of Crispian's cases, although I WOULD say mine is a little on the heavy side. I think it is unbelievable that he can get the leather around the round corners without creasing the leather. Others that have seen it, also think it is a fabulous case. A very satisfied customer indeed.
                :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                  A bit off topic, and you dont have to answer if you dont want to.
                  I hope you dont mind me asking you this. If you feel that it is inappropriate, please accept my apology.
                  My question is: how would you compare your case to a Stamford case?
                  Thank you.
                  Not hard to answer at all mate, if i was not able to make myself a case i know where i would go to get one !
                  if i cant do something for someone i do recomend they go there !
                  I was also nice enough to rehinge a case in the bapto 5 man pool team last month with the hindges of my own case, bit tricky with a kitchen knife after 12 pints !

Comment

Have to agree with you Keith , the handle is very sturdy compared to other makes and the lightness is a plus as well .
                    The only issue i have , and it is of my own doing , is that i should have arranged the dividing section better . I should have asked for a compartment down one end of the case for the usual rubbish that i carry , instead of the divider running down the whole length of the case . Know what to do when i order my next one .
                    Can't fault anything on the case in terms of quality of materials and workmanship .
                    The only addition that i would make would be to introduce metal end protectors , as i've slightly marked the leather at the end. My fault again .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Yes, I do notice that his round edge finishing is very perfect, plus I like the more abstract and artistic look.
                      In my opinion, and please dont flame me for it as it is just MY opinion, Stamford gives me the impression of a more commerical outfit while North Wales that of an artist/craftsman. I personally think North Wales has a more creative and unique approach than Stamford in terms of design. But this is just my own impression and opinion based on looks and design alone. Just really a matter of personal taste. I am sure quality wise Stamford is excellent, so is North Wales.
                      If I were to buy the most fanciest/expensive cue I can afford, Noth Wales case is what I would choose to put such a cue in. It is not about protection, just a matter of taste and look.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Have a look here Mr. Grouch: http://www.northwales-cases.co.uk/

That should answer a lot of your questions...

Comment

Working...
                        X