X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Lol things have moved on since Jan '55
    Are you trying to 'diss' my tips Jrc? Why I oughta .....

Don't forget guys, if you can't pm me you can get me at ****************************** which I created for the purpose of the sale.

Thanks so far for all the enquiries, but so far only two of you are even close to being considered.

.................................................. ...................

If enough guys are interested, I might sell them off in batches of 10, etc, but you'll need to make it worth my while as postage is a pain, and takes time, as well as expense, especially as I'm not doing it regularly like some.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
      It is a nice little piece of Snooker history and I love the letter but I don't think the tip was responsible for Joe Davis' achievements.

No price deductions for thousands of players that ever played a miscue with these tips then!
      Waddya mean they weren't responsible for his 147 ?????

Stupree, anyone who helps me out gets helped out. Did you get my design bud?

I'm gonna go for a knock in a min. Still not tried my new cue out and had it for 3 days already.
      Last edited by firefrets; 4 March 2011, 04:27 PM.

Comment

It is a nice little piece of Snooker history and I love the letter but I don't think the tip was responsible for Joe Davis' achievements.

No price deductions for thousands of players that ever played a miscue with these tips then!

I'm gonna go for a knock in a min. Still not tried my new cue out and had it for 3 days already.

Comment

They were not solely responsible for his 147.

Otherwise we would all be be sticking them on our cues and getting 147s.

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
            They were not solely responsible for his 147.

Otherwise we would all be be sticking them on our cues and getting 147s.
            Of course they were solely responsible. Are you mad?

Without the Baldock tips Joe Davis would never have been world champion. He would probably have gotten a 30 start on a Tuesday night in some country bumpkin local league. Joe was even quoted as saying that when he knocked his 147's final black in, and the crowd roared, the commentator shouted "Thank God that black went in" and Joe smiled at the camera, with the diamond twinkle on his teeth, and said "No, thank Baldock Black Bases".

I thought everybody knew that. Where have you been lad?

Legend has it that Joe was buried on a bed of Baldock tips so not to run out in the after life, and the tips were blessed by John Paul himself.

These tips glow in the dark, but in a 'shrine' type way, and each time I open the box I hear angels sing, but in a west country accent.

God told me to sell these tips. Don't mess with God.

Comment

This is just getting weird now...lol..

Comment

All I can say is good luck with the sale.

I am speaking to The Doctor on here about getting some of the baldock tips so I can try them out.

I wont be making a 147 with them as no tip alone can do this. I dont know too much about the Joe Davis era but he must have been able to do all the things you need to be a good player, not just use a special tip.

Comment

Very funny that firefrets

Comment

Originally Posted by firefrets View Post

Got the design mate, set up for two different options on the machine ready to run on monday afternoon. The machine has been rammed with GCSE coursework models for the last two days!

I will contact you on monday night mate
                    On Cue Facebook Page
                    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Someone might have already asked this, but why did they stop making them?
                      Did they lose the magic recipe?

Comment

Got the design mate, set up for two different options on the machine ready to run on monday afternoon. The machine has been rammed with GCSE coursework models for the last two days!

I will contact you on monday night mate
                        Thanks matey.
                        The kids come first every time so I don't mind being at the back of the queue one bit. My daughter has her exams this year. Perhaps you can print her a few exam pases off lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                          All I can say is good luck with the sale.

I am speaking to The Doctor on here about getting some of the baldock tips so I can try them out.

I wont be making a 147 with them as no tip alone can do this. I dont know too much about the Joe Davis era but he must have been able to do all the things you need to be a good player, not just use a special tip.
                          Jaffa, you know I'm just having a laugh don't you mate?
                          Have a nice weekend buddy.

Comment

Originally Posted by stan-mullin View Post
                            Someone might have already asked this, but why did they stop making them?
                            Did they lose the magic recipe?
                            I'm interested in it all myself Stan.

I figure most of the lads who used them have passed on now, so the chance of someone giving us the inside info are slim. Perhaps Peradon know something about it, but I don't know anyone there to ask.

Comment

The answer to your quest is Simples. This is just like everything we consume in life...

Obviously the tip dissapeared (or almost has) because better tips became available as snooker became more popular and many more manufacturers were offering superior tips compared to the likes of these baldocks...

They just dissapeared into the shadows because they just could'nt compete in the market as soon as a few manufacturers started to produce 'better' tips.

You would'nt swap your LCD/lLED/plasma tv for an old crt tv or bluray player for a vhs/betamax now would ya...
                              Last edited by cally; 5 March 2011, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                                The answer to your quest is Simples. This is just like everything we consume in life...

Obviously the tip dissapeared (or almost has) because better tips became available as snooker became more popular and many more manufacturers were offering superior tips compared to the likes of these baldocks...

They just dissapeared into the shadows because they just could'nt compete in the market as soon as a few manufacturers started to produce 'better' tips.

You would'nt swap your LCD/lLED/plasma tv for an old crt tv or bluray player for a vhs/betemax now would ya...
                                Wash your mouth out with soap you terrible man. That's like saying 'ready meals' are better than your mums cooking.

Comment

Working...
                                X