• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You knows it makes sense....

How i miss my mams cooking tho...

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
      The answer to your quest is Simples. This is just like everything we consume in life...

Obviously the tip dissapeared (or almost has) because better tips became available as snooker became more popular and many more manufacturers were offering superior tips compared to the likes of these baldocks...

They just dissapeared into the shadows because they just could'nt compete in the market as soon as a few manufacturers started to produce 'better' tips.

You would'nt swap your LCD/lLED/plasma tv for an old crt tv or bluray player for a vhs/betamax now would ya...
      actually i would swap my stupid flat creen thing for a quality crt if i could fit it in the same space!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        actually i would swap my stupid flat creen thing for a quality crt if i could fit it in the same space!
        I have a very good CRT you can have for free if you pay the post.

Comment

Originally Posted by firefrets View Post
          I'm interested in it all myself Stan.

I figure most of the lads who used them have passed on now, so the chance of someone giving us the inside info are slim. Perhaps Peradon know something about it, but I don't know anyone there to ask.
          I'll ask Peradon and let you know

Comment

Now on general sale

Incidentally guys, a few lads have asked if I'll sell some as singles, rather than them having to buy the whole box.

As you can imagine, I'm not making a trip to the post office for 1 tip, so I'm prepared to sell the following:

11mm black base tip x 3 £12
            10mm black base tip x 3 £12
            9mm black base tip x 3 £12
            9mm red base tip x 2 £15

I'll accept offers for larger purchases.

I only have 65 left of the 11mm
            I only have 39 left of the 10mm
            I only have 60 left of the 9mm
            I only have 11 left of the red base hence the price being more.

All postage to Mainland UK will be £1.50 and will be in a bog standard envelope and a stamp.

All postage to Worldwide will be more. I have no idea how much it costs to 'your' country. Save me the hassle and check for me before hand.

All payments must be Paypal, and all payments must be sent as 'gift' otherwise I'll get charged. If you don't trust me then don't buy please. I'm not here to rip anyone off. I 'always' obtain proof of postage.

These prices are for TSF members only. If you join just to buy then the price will be £5 per tip. A TSF member consists of members who had already joined before todays date, which is 7 March or who have 10 posts or more.Ebay prices will be 'much' higher, and will not be sold on my personal account.

Please pm me for my paypal address, and your order. Please add your address in your paypal payment, and your enquiry email together with your forum name and contact email etc.

If you can't pm, you can contact me at ******************************

All the best.

When they're gone they're gone.

Comment

http://www.normanclare.co.uk/peradon.html

History.

Comment

I think I have a few of these Boxes knocking around my Garage after John hopkin threw them out when Elston & Hopkin where moving out of Newark street 10 years ago, we where useing Baldocks for a long while upto around late 1980s for Serviceing visits and tipping cue's in clubs etc , but we prefered as fitters to use Blue diamond or Elkmaster , I think I have some packets of the original Green wafers too which we used to dip in boiling water to soften the glue , I was told to throw them all in the skip with some pre 1938 Hopkin cue butt badges but thought better of it and stored them somewhere in my Garage

looks like the time is right to dig them out to sell
                [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

between us geoff we will be millionaires!

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
                    I think I have a few of these Boxes knocking around my Garage after John hopkin threw them out when Elston & Hopkin where moving out of Newark street 10 years ago, we where useing Baldocks for a long while upto around late 1980s for Serviceing visits and tipping cue's in clubs etc , but we prefered as fitters to use Blue diamond or Elkmaster , I think I have some packets of the original Green wafers too which we used to dip in boiling water to soften the glue , I was told to throw them all in the skip with some pre 1938 Hopkin cue butt badges but thought better of it and stored them somewhere in my Garage

looks like the time is right to dig them out to sell
                    I'm running out of 10mm if you want to sell them to me. Wafers I've not used since I was a kid. I figure Andrew is calling my bluff with his stock, or I'll have to cancel his order lol.

How were you supplied into the 80's though Geoff, as production stopped at least a decade before.

Comment

I'm running out of 10mm if you want to sell them to me. Wafers I've not used since I was a kid. I figure Andrew is calling my bluff with his stock, or I'll have to cancel his order lol.

How were you supplied into the 80's though Geoff, as production stopped at least a decade before.
                      these where old old stock from when we moved out of goldsmith street , they where boxed up and put in the store room at Newark street , never to see light of day until we moved out of Newark street .
                      I have lots of oddments in Boxes in the garage , but getting to them is going to be a nightmare , i will have to clean the Garage out in the summer months that is when I will be sorting through to see what i have got .

but to be honest we stopped useing the Baldocks in the 90s when we moved to Newark street , because the blue diamond and elkmaster where better to glue on and lasted longer , the baldocks being very soft leather and they used to mushroom over the cue tip when used . blue diamond and elkmaster kept their shape so when we called to service every month / 3 months or even a year there was less cues to tip if any , so I find it very hard to believe people are useing Baldocks when a better modern tip is available that will keep its shape and last longer .

we had some later boxed Baldocks too without the black backing .

I also have some Baldock screw on tips now these are rare .they have the english thread and will not fit the cheap tiawan and china pool cues .

and with super glueing being faster than the wafers we moved over to that method of glueing so stopped useing wafers in the 80s too .

Geoff
                      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

so the baldocks were meant to be that soft - i though mine were just past it!

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
                          these where old old stock from when we moved out of goldsmith street , they where boxed up and put in the store room at Newark street , never to see light of day until we moved out of Newark street .
                          I have lots of oddments in Boxes in the garage , but getting to them is going to be a nightmare , i will have to clean the Garage out in the summer months that is when I will be sorting through to see what i have got .

but to be honest we stopped useing the Baldocks in the 90s when we moved to Newark street , because the blue diamond and elkmaster where better to glue on and lasted longer , the baldocks being very soft leather and they used to mushroom over the cue tip when used . blue diamond and elkmaster kept their shape so when we called to service every month / 3 months or even a year there was less cues to tip if any , so I find it very hard to believe people are useing Baldocks when a better modern tip is available that will keep its shape and last longer .

we had some later boxed Baldocks too without the black backing .

I also have some Baldock screw on tips now these are rare .they have the english thread and will not fit the cheap tiawan and china pool cues .

and with super glueing being faster than the wafers we moved over to that method of glueing so stopped useing wafers in the 80s too .

Geoff
                          I had the chance of the screw in's but didn't bother.

I wouldn't mind some of those wafers though Geoff, for personal use. I've been told my use of Superglue is probably not the best idea, but I need to be ready to rock sometimes, so it works ok for me. The wafers were around when I first started. I remember having to put them in boiling water with a pin.

If I'm going to try a Baldock, I'ds like it to be with a wafer so I can experience it as it was, so to speak.

All the best

Comment

You are telling us custom cues with a "high" price tags are overrated, but these tips at the price you are asking for is a good investment?
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                              You are telling us custom cues with a "high" price tags are overrated, but these tips at the price you are asking for is a good investment?
                              You think £4 for an extremely rare tip is expensive?

You'd pay £5 for a Talisman, which is mass produced. When will you get the opportunity to buy one of these again my friend? Do you think after not being in production for 40 years you will find them at will?

Even if they're the worst tip you've ever tried, you are trying a piece of snooker history.

I thought I was being incredibly generous offering such a rare commodity for sale at such a low price.

Have you noticed those who mocked my sale are traders?

I will sell these tips regardless of this forum bud. They're 'genuine' Baldock Black Base and I now have less than 100 left. I will be keeping some for myself, so when they're gone that's it.

Would you like some before the're all gone, or would you prefer to listen to those who mock them, because they don't have any?

Comment

All payments must be Paypal, and all payments must be sent as 'gift' otherwise I'll get charged. If you don't trust me then don't buy please. I'm not here to rip anyone off. I 'always' obtain proof of postage.

Have you heard yourself! Firstly you buy these tips in for about £5 then ask a ridiculous asking price for them. Now you are selling them for £12 for 3 yet you don't want to rip anyone off. You're trying to get about a 80% mark up and have asked Geoff if he'll sell you his old boxes again for what reason exactly, ah yes to rip off other members when they could go to Geoff directly and get them for the real value.

Comment

Working...
                                X